What's your latest purchase?

Wanting to get some Paistes and I've been putting together my order and the Sound Edge hihat i wanted was out of stock. So i waited for a couple of weeks. Only to have the ride i wanted to be out of stock when the hats were in stock...
Have the hats now (Signature 14" Sound Edge) and the ride is still 6 weeks wait time, but decide to order it anyway in hopes that this won't happen again...
So this baby is on it's way in the foreseeable future

View attachment 125630

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF
Ah man... just got an e-mail that it will probably will not be delivered until December 9th :(

Not pure percussions but still drums related , I might have already posted them at the time of the order when I had The SE Electronics V-Beat only without the clamp but now, then are on the drum and Ready to record. Tonight my Wall of Snares Friend is going to come, we will set All The levels of the new snares and Mics on the kit and be ready to record for next time.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Not pure percussions but still drums related , I might have already posted them at the time of the order when I had The SE Electronics V-Beat only without the clamp but now, then are on the drum and Ready to record. Tonight my Wall of Snares Friend is going to come, we will set All The levels of the new snares and Mics on the kit and be ready to record for next time.
View attachment 125812View attachment 125813View attachment 125814
I don’t mean to be a buzzkill, but won’t rimshots affect how the mics handle the signal?

I don’t mean to be a buzzkill, but won’t rimshots affect how the mics handle the signal?
I know, you're right, it was one of my questions but they say there is a special suspended and isolated capsule mountedmsuspension inside that avoid this effect. Also, in this position, it will be Tom Floor and fat snare, tuned in a#2 so, I don't use a lot of rimshot.
That said, because the clamp took several weeks to come in, I had a horse shoe bass drum mic stand for the one under it and one on top with a normal mic as well. But it's again one more stand in the area of the guitarist so, if I could avoid it, that would be a plus.
I was supposed to test that tonight with my friend coming in but I Had a little procedure at the hospital that was a bit painful and couldn't see myself listening and checking recording.
So, I will let you all know if, for a snare, the V-beat plus clamps work, it's supposed to be able to be used like that as well....
As of now, I put the horse shoe mic under snare number 3, it was attached to the snare stand previously and it was hard to unlock the snare due to the mechanism being just in on top of the clamp. I will see, thanks for the question.

Last edited:
I like the SWEET RIDE that's on an acquaintance's kit.

I found some Zanchi F&F hihats this week. Think they're pre 70s. But the hole is so small that they don't fit the 2 stands I'm using.

Attachments

• 20221020_084850.jpg
    20221020_084850.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 6
It's a 60's Japanese Tempo set, 13/16/22, with a 14" wood snare in aqua blue glass glitter. The set came from Facebook Marketplace locally. Included were some cheap cymbals, beat-up hardware, and a good Ludwig bass drum pedal. All for $100 total. I have already started cleaning up the drums and getting new heads. My plan was to restore and sell the set, but I may keep them. Once cleaned, they'll look great. The snare and toms already do.

This is how they looked when I got them.

Attachments

• IMG_9544.JPG
    IMG_9544.JPG
    810.2 KB · Views: 20
Grabbed a 19" Zildjian K Dark Thin crash today. Bought it second hand for a little over half what a new one costs.

It's every bit as good sounding as I had hoped for. I have the 16"& 18" crashes, 18" EFX and 10" Splash from that series, plus 14" Hi-Hats. I've wanted the 19" for quite a while. Happy camper here. :)

20221022_152736.jpg

Grabbed a 19" Zildjian K Dark Thin crash today. Bought it second hand for a little over half what a new one costs.

It's every bit as good sounding as I had hoped for. I have the 16"& 18" crashes, 18" EFX and 10" Splash from that series, plus 14" Hi-Hats. I've wanted the 19" for quite a while. Happy camper here. :)

View attachment 125919
Nice. I've one that has earned a permanent placement as part of my standard gigging rig.

Nice. I've one that has earned a permanent placement as part of my standard gigging rig.
Wow - you've been busy. Nice gear!

I would have to say that 19" is my favourite cymbal size. I have a couple of others from different lines (2002 and K Sweet) and they're my favourites from those series. There's just something right about them.

Love the Yamaha kits, by the way. ;)

View attachment 125919

I have that one too (together with the 18"). A great dark, full and spacious crash.

I picked up a 23” A Sweet Ride. I had a 21” which washed out a little too easily for me, however this one may be a keeper.
View attachment 125834
Very nice. I'm intrigued with these Sweet rides and have had my eye out for the 21" version lately. Do you happen to know what your 21" weighed? I wonder if one on the heavier end of the range would keep the wash under control more.

Very nice. I'm intrigued with these Sweet rides and have had my eye out for the 21" version lately. Do you happen to know what your 21" weighed? I wonder if one on the heavier end of the range would keep the wash under control more.
My 21” was just shy of 2300g, so on the light side for these. Most I see are around 2500g. It made a great crash, but the stick definition was too easily buried in the wash. The 23” is just proud of 3000g and more pleasing to my ear. Hearing it, I would not have guessed it weighed so much. It sounds like a clean version of my 22” Bosphorus Hammer 2200g.

Back