Let’s see your vintage pedals!

I had a Premier 250 with my kit that I used all through my teens and beyond. When I got the kit out of its 30 year storage last year I very quickly realised the pedal was hampering my playing. I bought a brand new store-brand pedal, and discovered that it totally kicked the old one's ass, so I threw it in the bin.

I regret it now, but only because I realise how much I could have sold it for...

;)

I had a Premier 250 with my kit that I used all through my teens and beyond. When I got the kit out of its 30 year storage last year I very quickly realised the pedal was hampering my playing. I bought a brand new store-brand pedal, and discovered that it totally kicked the old one's ass, so I threw it in the bin.

I regret it now, but only because I realise how much I could have sold it for...

;)
Ahh ya that would have been a cool one! I probably would have bought it lol. I’m sure it’s still much better than the Pearl “speed pedal” that I showed above

The 252 looks so bulky but I really like how many adjustments you can do. Especially that it can attach to the kick hoop and then you can swivel the pedal board from there.

Ahh ya that would have been a cool one! I probably would have bought it lol. I’m sure it’s still much better than the Pearl “speed pedal” that I showed above

The 252 looks so bulky but I really like how many adjustments you can do. Especially that it can attach to the kick hoop and then you can swivel the pedal board from there.

In all honesty I would probably have just given it to you if I’d known 🤪

A very similar Speed Pedal came with my very fist kit, a mid 70s Atlas drum kit. I seem to remember on the bottom of the pedal it said it was made by Pearl. The Atlas was a "Stencil" kit also made by Pearl.
Yep! This one came with a Stewart kit, I have the high hat stand with it too. It’s not good for using modern ball-of-the-foot playing but works great for heel playing.

I have a pic of my original Speed King, but realized that's not really anything special. It doesn't squeak yet if that's a thing...:ROFLMAO:

I posted this one a few months ago in a different thread. The consensus is it's a Martin-Fleetwood pedal (Pre Camco). No idea how old this thing is.... It was being tossed out from a studio where I do work occasionally. There is a strong resemblance to what is now the DW-5000 family.
View attachment 124573
That pedal board is a clone of the Gretsch Floating Action pedal (or the opposite; I don't know what was first: the chicken or the egg).

Back