What's your latest purchase?

Used my friend.
I bought my mics used also. I took a chance because I had never hear of Equation Alpha series before but I like them. Then I traded a ride cym. for a Beta 52 kick mic.

This was in the original post " I kinda love it, I think, but only time will tell if it's true love"
Did you have your wayfarer's on is a reference to a Don Henley song Boys of Summer. In his mind he could picture her with wayfarer's on and in the song he says I thought I knew what love was what did I know. There that should be as clear as mud😁😁😁

Found an 80s Yamaha 8000 kit in rough shape about 2 weeks ago. Currently bringing it back to life.
I have some 88 model Power Tour Customs I bought them in 88. I recently picked up a couple of Tour series shallower toms to go with them 8x12 and 9x13. I don't care much for power toms anymore. They are from 83 I think, plastic wrapped, with different bearing edges but match my 88s pretty good and sound real good. Those 8000s are some good drums. Congratulations.

Not a big deal to most folks, but I just ordered a bunch of new XRL cables. I gang them together in a sort-of snake, for my kit mics, and adding cables for my vocal mic and monitor feed, as well as for the overhead mic. Makes my setup simpler, and a bit neater, so I'm kinda looking forward to updating that tonight.

Had a couple rolls of gaff tape added to the order as well, since it was gonna be free shipping at that point anyway. :)

Love those 8000 drums. I have a 20, 12, 14 in Natural Wood.
Any idea of what I might ask for them? The badges tell me they're 1984=86. Piano black, players kit. 10, 12, 16, 22. As much as I can polish the chrome and buff out the wrap, they still show plenty of scuffs and scratches, and the batter side bd hoop is likely not original, as it is bare wood and cracked. I'll repair and it will at least be playable till the new owner can replace. Will also need the left spur.
Not looking to make a fortune here. I just couldn't stand to see them sitting week after week at that flea mkt. Hoping someone who knows and appreciates what they are will grab them.

Not a big deal to most folks, but I just ordered a bunch of new XRL cables. I gang them together in a sort-of snake, for my kit mics, and adding cables for my vocal mic and monitor feed, as well as for the overhead mic. Makes my setup simpler, and a bit neater, so I'm kinda looking forward to updating that tonight.

Had a couple rolls of gaff tape added to the order as well, since it was gonna be free shipping at that point anyway. :)
I use this to do my snakes being my keys, for the drum kit and between the stereo guitar pedalboard and the two amps:

Any idea of what I might ask for them?
Only real way to find out is put 'em up for sale and see if anyone offers you anything. I got a Slingerland kit up on Craigslist right now, and no bites. And I lowered the price, twice. Thinking about splitting up the kit, and selling individual drums.

I think $500 - $600 would be reasonable (at least a good place to start).

Bought some Pro 1 bags for those weird-sized black DW add-on drums. Only the best bags will do for my overpriced, overhyped, sold off to some electronics company, unicorn tear having drums. Made sure to get rainbow handles to let everyone know that these are drums that have been wood-whispered to perfection. As always, Fred was an absolute sweetheart to deal with. A true treasure in the industry.

F27C0DC3-BE43-4B20-A2FF-2EDC962CED36.jpeg

7762D7F8-E2B2-4BA8-B749-5533B8A39410.jpeg

A Zildjian Premium Rolling Cymbal Bag, great bag, lousy stand support, I will find a fix for this joke of a support, can't believe the lack of QC in design.
Also an Ahead Spinal-Glide throne, very comfortable, more so than my Roc'NSoc.

Last edited:
So, I talked about it in my thread "Small collection of snares", this is the last acquisition, Mapex 30th Anniversary Walnut 8 ply, 8 mm. The sound is awesome, big loud but also super sensitive, I had it close to me to tune it between calls during my shift at home and when I was talking, the wires were starting to sizzle!!??
And super easy to tune, it came also already well tuned, F3# which is perfect for me for this low end wood, Anyway, for 500 Can$, it's a A snare and not "a B one brand" I was thinking Mapex was. Here are the photos:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegSdd

Last edited:
Back