The Wife says, I Want to Take You on a Date...

Square

El Conquistador
Last week my wife of 25 years sends me a text, "See if you can get Friday off, I want to take you on a date".

Okay cool. I get Friday off. I don't ask any questions. I just figure we're going to dinner (I work evenings) or we're going to the coast (2 hour drive) for the day.

So Thursday night she tells me we're getting up early. So, we're in the car and on the road at 6am. She has packed a backpack for each of us.

About ten minutes later, we're headed the wrong direction for the coast. WTH, were are we going? A bit later she turns into the airport. We have a flight to Las Vegas... bear in mind I have to be at work at 3pm on Saturday...

She finally tells me, she has gotten us tickets to see the final U.S. show of Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, and Joan Jett at the new Raiders stadium in Vegas. Sweet!

We check into the New York, New York hotel, have lunch and the show begins at 4pm.

The arena is huge and it's packed... Joan Jett was great. I'm not sure who the drummer was, Thommy Price maybe, but he was awesome. Played an SJC kit I believe. Great sound.

Poison was great. Very high energy. The only complaint was the tone of CC Deville's guitar. It was very shrill.

Def Leppard... I had never wanted to see them. I like the music well enough, but I always felt the songs were so highly produced that doing them (well) live just wouldn't be possible. I was very wrong. They were just incredible.

Motley Crue were as expected. The music was good, the show was good, but Vince Neil's voice is shot he sounded like a cross between Calvin the Chipmunk and Sam Kineson... He had no breath support and had to cut some lyrics short; quite often.

Over all a very fun, but very long (4pm-1130PM) show. Watching the crowd was as much fun as watching the bands. Really a great evening. The stadium is huge, 65k seating, and the sound was excellent. Very clear, very well mixed, and incredibly loud.

Early AM flight back home and then straight to work with ears still ringing. What a great surprise, what a great wife!

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

Here's hoping for another 25 years! Tell us when you get your Golden Anniversary surprise - actually, that one might be on you. Being a "guy" and all, you might want to start planning now. I know I'd need more than 3 days! :ROFLMAO:

Here's hoping for another 25 years! Tell us when you get your Golden Anniversary surprise - actually, that one might be on you. Being a "guy" and all, you might want to start planning now. I know I'd need more than 3 days! :ROFLMAO:
Yeah right, the pressure is on.

Congratulations on your marriage selection!

Back