Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

I recently acquired a bunch of new to me cymbals.....lots of pie tasting lately .......ain’t got time for that sort of thing..........

I have a question, why some drummers don't use a cymbal wing nut?
I don't use them any more because I got tired of having wingnuts and top felts get away from me and fall onto a dark stage during setup and teardown. It's less hassle with no ill effects to the sound or movement of the cymbals, but that's just my opinion. I also make sure to glue the bottom felt to the Yamaha Crosstown plastic sleeve so that it doesn't slide down the post and fall off during transit.

Last edited:
I don't use them any more because I got tired of having wingnuts and top felts get away from me and fall onto a dark stage during setup and teardown. It's less hassle with no ill effects to the sound or movement of the cymbals, but that's just my opinion. I also make sure to glue the bottom felt to the Yamaha Crosstown plastic sleeve so that it doesn't slide down the post and fall off during transit.

👍

With my all-female grass-rock band. Ludwig Legacy Mahogany 13/16/22, 5" Classic Maple snare, 15" Paiste 602 medium/heavy hats, 18/19 Masters Dark crashes, 22" Meinl Byzance Dark Spectrum ride (first gig with it...loved it).

View attachment 124188
Grass-rock? I'm not familiar with that term or should it read classic rock? Nice set up

Grass-rock? I'm not familiar with that term or should it read classic rock? Nice set up
I was wondering the same thing. I could see it being a typo for classic rock or a cheeky phrasing for something like a stoner doom type thing or twangy cowpunk type thing lol.

Thank you. Bluegrass-rock. We play rock, country-rock with a banjo. For example, Bon Jovi's Livin' On a Prayer with a banjo (I play brushes on that song). It sounds crazy, but it's very fun and different.

I hate playing back line kits even as the headlining band… but here’s tonight POV.

Even one time a guitarist should have to use a completely different style of guitar and tuning and see how it goes lol
I say that same thing all the time! It's like if a metal band showed up to a gig and the sound guy said to the guitarist, "I know you prefer a downtuned 7 string through a DI box.. BUT we have a house nylon string acoustic so you just HAVE to use it. Too bad."

• Haha
Reactions: iCe
I say that same thing all the time! It's like if a metal band showed up to a gig and the sound guy said to the guitarist, "I know you prefer a downtuned 7 string through a DI box.. BUT we have a house nylon string acoustic so you just HAVE to use it. Too bad."
Right!?
And they’re always clear heads on a 2 up 1 down tuned high- when I like thick coated heads with 1 up 2 down.

I’ll never forget my first ever big gig , everything was ridiculously high, at 6’2 I could barely reach the crashes

Nice POV pic from yesterday’s hit. Finally got to play an all-originals gig, which is a rare occurrence for me and also the reason for setting up this particular rig. Since the originals gigs usually always have multiple bands, backlining a kit is necessary. No way in hell I’m letting anyone else use my “A” rig, so I have these drums around specifically for these events.

Dee Dub Design series in gloss black finish… 12-16-22. 5” N&C snare and Giant Beat cymbals. The 18x22 bass drum is kinda ridiculous to me visually, but it sure sounds and feels great to play. 7000 series hardware and my Roland TM-1 trigger module round out the rig.

CF72B87F-3582-4C85-9B86-B8339D6ECBB7.jpeg

Nice POV pic from yesterday’s hit. Finally got to play an all-originals gig, which is a rare occurrence for me and also the reason for setting up this particular rig. Since the originals gigs usually always have multiple bands, backlining a kit is necessary. No way in hell I’m letting anyone else use my “A” rig, so I have these drums around specifically for these events.

Dee Dub Design series in gloss black finish… 12-16-22. 5” N&C snare and Giant Beat cymbals. The 18x22 bass drum is kinda ridiculous to me visually, but it sure sounds and feels great to play. 7000 series hardware and my Roland TM-1 trigger module round out the rig.

View attachment 124615
Nice!

What triggers the trigger? Bass drum?

Back