What's your latest purchase?

ok, so, finally, my Summit Drum Snare 15" X 8" / Floor Tom came in today, below are pictures before shipping and then in my garden".
IMG_4270.JPGIMG_4271.JPGIMG_4272.JPGIMG_4273.JPGIMG_4274.JPGIMG_4275.JPGIMG_4276.JPGIMG_4277.JPGIMG_4278.JPGIMG_4279.JPG

In the garden:
IMG_4282.JPGIMG_4392.JPGIMG_4393.JPGIMG_4394.JPGIMG_4395.JPG

I went from coated G14 to coated G1 on all toms. It feels like I’m playing on paper; They feel thin.

2A5BCE9A-DC2E-4AFD-85C7-6884E642EDCE.jpeg

I went from coated G14 to coated G1 on all toms. It feels like I’m playing on paper; They feel thin.

View attachment 124082
How do you like the sound compared to the G14? Basically, the same thing by Remo ( Ambassador X ) came with a drumset and I didn't like them at first but they kind of grew on me. Definitely had to hit them harder for a good sound. I prefer the Remo stuff, currently Ambassadors. Evans sound a little plastic to me but sound good mic'd. I still have the G1s on a kit. They've been durable.

How do you like the sound compared to the G14? Basically, the same thing by Remo ( Ambassador X ) came with a drumset and I didn't like them at first but they kind of grew on me. Definitely had to hit them harder for a good sound. I prefer the Remo stuff, currently Ambassadors. Evans sound a little plastic to me but sound good mic'd. I still have the G1s on a kit. They've been durable.
I used the G14s for two years. At first they felt very stiff but as they aged they felt better. Stick attack is more muted than from these G1 coated heads. There’s a bit more mid-high frequencies in the G1s. The G14s were a bit fussy at lowest tunings. The thicker material required more tension to get out of the flab zone.

I agree on hitting the G14 hard. I use 5A sticks and if I didn’t intentionally, consciously hit the 16” floor tom hard, it felt like a miss or a weak note.

After an hour of playing around, I like the G14 on the mounted toms, but the G1 on the 14” & 16” toms. In a couple years I may re-head with coated G12.

And currently nothing is muted so everything hums when anything is hit.

Finally, arrived and installed, another diffuser, I will have just to put some Primacoustic columns, 24x12x3" in front of the window and to hang between them some guitars ans i will be good. Next diffuser is just in lieu of the surf, so, a long one, like 60"X45"? and some in the Den, where I mix. PPFFUUU, tough to be a musician!!!
IMG_4418.JPGIMG_4419.JPGIMG_4421.JPGIMG_4424.JPGIMG_4425.JPGIMG_4426.JPG

The kick with the black head looks awesome, congrats. What do,you mean a vigil bass drum? You bought the hardware and mount it onto the shell? It didn't come with the lugs etc?
A virgin bass drum means it's not drilled for a tom tree. So no mount on the bass drum. The tom has a mount (standard YESS mount), so it would normally be hung off a tom or cymbal stand. But almost all Yamaha bass drums come with a mount on the bass drum. This line, from around 2010, is one of the few exceptions to come out of Yamaha.

Back