80’s bangers live.

Thanks for your detailed reply :) Rear line rental essential, but these days, we’re mostly running on amp modelling, so that’s fairly transportable. Even the keys can go laptop based with only slave keyboards required, & they’re pretty universal.
Like I said the essentials (the Kemper's/axfxs, laptops and anything that is too hard to find elsewhere so basically a big bag pack each)...

Nothing wrong with faking it if the audience is having fun. Don't stop believing is a hard song to play the correct way but you made it work and even a lot of drummers here didn't notice. IMO you are doing just fine.
Separate Ways and Don't Stop Believing are both monsters to play like Steve plays them. Separate Ways because of a couple of ridiculous fills and the groove for Don't Stop Believing is insanely hard to play correct. Or, it is for me anyway. Helluva job man! The whole production is top notch :cool:🤘

Separate Ways and Don't Stop Believing are both monsters to play like Steve plays them. Separate Ways because of a couple of ridiculous fills and the groove for Don't Stop Believing is insanely hard to play correct. Or, it is for me anyway. Helluva job man! The whole production is top notch :cool:🤘
Thank you. This reminds me I must make a conscious effort to put in some woodshedding ahead of forced repurposing of my drum room.

I see, it didn't sound bad , it was very well within the tempo, I know it wasn't the original groove because I had tried to play the original and it is confusing because he has 3 different things going on at the same time plus he changes the part a little bit each time. As you said, it was for continuity purposes so it worked well. Another confusing part is in the song Jump, the keyboard solo part, Alex plays some weird pattern with the crashes and the ride, mixes in some roto toms and I believe the bass is also played in 1,2,3, and 4... except when he crashes which changes it a bit. Your band playing that song is the awesome part because I don't think Van Halen ever played it live... and if they did the keyboard was a track and not Eddie playing it. Either way awesome performance of All the songs showed. I wish I was there live.
Alan Fitzgerald from Night Ranger was offstage playing it on their most recent tours.

Back