80’s bangers live.

This makes a great promotional video for future Andy. Man you gents really put on a show- and not your usual suspects for songs (those aren’t easy to do justice). So more concerts upcoming now all members back?

Honestly, I’m faking it. Poor excuse, but I’m so time poor, I haven’t given it the attention it deserves, & it shows. Must do better :(

Cheers!
Nothing wrong with faking it if the audience is having fun. Don't stop believing is a hard song to play the correct way but you made it work and even a lot of drummers here didn't notice. IMO you are doing just fine.

Nothing wrong with faking it if the audience is having fun. Don't stop believing is a hard song to play the correct way but you made it work and even a lot of drummers here didn't notice. IMO you are doing just fine.
Thanks, & in principal, I agree, but “that fill” isn’t featured in the video, & I’m sure my peer group here would be all over it if it did :D
This makes a great promotional video for future Andy. Man you gents really put on a show- and not your usual suspects for songs (those aren’t easy to do justice). So more concerts upcoming now all members back?
Thanks Art. Unless you’re a band with significant budget, finding live gig recording opportunities, where all the elements align (decent audio capture, good stage, responsive audience, etc) isn’t easy, so we try to make the most of it.
Thanks!

Thanks, & in principal, I agree, but “that fill” isn’t featured in the video, & I’m sure my peer group here would be all over it if it did :D

Thanks Art. Unless you’re a band with significant budget, finding live gig recording opportunities, where all the elements align (decent audio capture, good stage, responsive audience, etc) isn’t easy, so we try to make the most of it.

Thanks!
I was mostly referring to the part where he is singing "Don't stop Believing" if you played it as the original, the bass drum hits on 1,2,3, and 4, the ride is every 2 I believe, and he hits the toms every measure and a different way every time.

I was mostly referring to the part where he is singing "Don't stop Believing" if you played it as the original, the bass drum hits on 1,2,3, and 4, the ride is every 2 I believe, and he hits the toms every measure and a different way every time.
Ah, I got mixed up. I was referring to Separate ways, specifically “that” fill.

On don’t stop believing, what you’re listening to is the end of a mashup, with only a few bars of the song at the end. The groove I play to this is far removed from the original. It’s effectively a similar groove to the connected song (Bryan Adams - One Night Love Affair), but with ride accents to give an air of familiarity with the original tom parts of the Don’t Stop Believing groove. I did this to aid continuity.

You guys have a great band lineup and fill that void for all of those great 80s songs being played. Everyone loves that stuff!

Ah, I got mixed up. I was referring to Separate ways, specifically “that” fill.

On don’t stop believing, what you’re listening to is the end of a mashup, with only a few bars of the song at the end. The groove I play to this is far removed from the original. It’s effectively a similar groove to the connected song (Bryan Adams - One Night Love Affair), but with ride accents to give an air of familiarity with the original tom parts of the Don’t Stop Believing groove. I did this to aid continuity.
I see, it didn't sound bad , it was very well within the tempo, I know it wasn't the original groove because I had tried to play the original and it is confusing because he has 3 different things going on at the same time plus he changes the part a little bit each time. As you said, it was for continuity purposes so it worked well. Another confusing part is in the song Jump, the keyboard solo part, Alex plays some weird pattern with the crashes and the ride, mixes in some roto toms and I believe the bass is also played in 1,2,3, and 4... except when he crashes which changes it a bit. Your band playing that song is the awesome part because I don't think Van Halen ever played it live... and if they did the keyboard was a track and not Eddie playing it. Either way awesome performance of All the songs showed. I wish I was there live.

I wish I was there live.
Same here.
It's that pesky little Atlantic Ocean that always gets in the way.

Wonderful job Andy!
You and the Fired Up gents are rockin' it out! :cool:

Yes, that pond is a deal breaker :cool:

Coincidentally, some of the guys mentioned it would be cool to do some US gigs just the other day. Although I know we could likely snag a few decent ones, I seriously doubt we could cover costs.
Maybe you could get with a club , I know a lot of tribute bands do that, I also know that yours is NOT a tribute band, but am over band, if you get amfew dates I think that may be doable.... clubs are now just getting back so opportunity is there...

Maybe you could get with a club , I know a lot of tribute bands do that, I also know that yours is NOT a tribute band, but am over band, if you get amfew dates I think that may be doable.... clubs are now just getting back so opportunity is there...
Thanks! I do know a few US venue owners on a surface level. Getting say 7-8 gigs at circa $2k a time shouldn’t be a big push, but that doesn’t even cover half the costs. If we treated it as a working vacation with associated individual costs, then maybe it’s viable.

Thanks! I do know a few US venue owners on a surface level. Getting say 7-8 gigs at circa $2k a time shouldn’t be a big push, but that doesn’t even cover half the costs. If we treated it as a working vacation with associated individual costs, then maybe it’s viable.
Are there any venues that would provide loaner gear? maybe that could be the way to go, or rent some gear at the local music store (just bring the essentials (your pedals, snare, cymbals, keyboard, guitars, guitar effects)... I found this one for Los Angeles: https://stores.guitarcenter.com/ca/los-angeles/128/rentals

This one for San Diego: https://www.audiodesignrentals.com/...MIr-nisL7R-QIVhm5vBB1UbwFvEAAYASAAEgJb3fD_BwE

I'm sure you can find more, what I am not sure is if that is cheap enough to justify.. (also Guitar Center or Sam Ash should rent nationwide so you could get with a booking agent and schedule a U.S tour!) Also don't stay in hotels rent an AIRBNB place much cheaper and you get a house or apartment that you can use unless you don't like sharing with the guys...I did that in 2017 when I traveled from Lisbon to Madrid and 12 places in Spain in between and back to Lisbon, so I rented about 12 different AIRBNBs at around $75 Euros a day.. not bad considering that the cheapest hotel (decent hotel not a drug den) was about $250 euros a day... Also California was just an example you have the entire U.S to explore if you want to.

Last edited:
Back