*ended 6/20* Member giveback: FREE DRUM BOOK PIF!

roncadillac

Platinum Member
In case you aren't familiar, PIF means "Pay It Forward". I really appreciate the awesome community we've got around here, we share fun stories, helpful info, cool gear nerdery, occasionally jokes, and I can comfortably say this is the most down to earth and 'healthy' forum I've ever been a part of so I thought I was about time I gave something back to our members!

I recently was going through some old books in preparation for a garage sale and I found six drum books that I decided to give away to y'all as a good ol fashioned random drawing.

The rules are simple:
1. If you want in then the first line of your response must be something like "I'm in", "include me", etc.

2. Share something in your post... A pic of you playing, a pic of your favorite gear, a funny story, an inspiring moment, a link to a video/song you like, anything really just put a little bit of 'you' in it. Maybe you have a friend/family member/student who needs reference material but can't afford it, that's fine too!

3. I will run this all weekend and will pick a winner via random number drawing this coming Monday evening 6/20. I will post the winner here then I will send the winner a PM, the only thing you have to give me is your real name and a mailing address. I will take care of all packing and shipping fees, there is absolutely no money involved on your end and I will not ask for payment information.

This next part is very important: Continental United States only please! I am covering shipping and don't want to deal with international so lower 48 US only PLEASE. All six books will be shipped together in a USPS priority flat rate package and I'll follow up with tracking info once sent.

One book has minor water stains but isn't moldy or gross, all the other books are in great shape. Any book that has CDs does in fact include the CDs and they are in perfect working condition. Pics below.

Please feel free to advertise this around the forum, even though there will be only one winner it would be awesome to get as many people in the ring as possible.

Just to reiterate: this is totally FREE for any CONUS/lower 48 US member and closes sometime after I get home from work this coming Monday 6/20.

Thanks for participating, I hope to spread some positivity, and most importantly thank you to all our members, our mods, and Bernhard!!

Cheers,
Ian aka 'roncadillac'

IMG_20220617_083327712.jpgIMG_20220617_083402795.jpg

Continental United States only please!
Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

:D Joking. Awesome move man! Good luck to all of you guys!

I'm a day late (and more than a dollar short) but if these are still available, I would very much enjoy them.*
(Don't know why I didn't see this post over the weekend, but my fault.)

I'm in. Please include me. Etc.

*They're likely too advanced for me at this point, so there may be others who are a better fit. I'm in Colorado.

I played percussion and drums very seriously as a kid and through college. That was, uh, more than a few years ago! I've been taking lessons since last September, using a Yamaha edrum kit, and having a ton of fun. This forum is great inspiration, for sure - lots of very knowledgeable helpful people, and a few wonderfully cranky folks who I also enjoy.

I go to a lot of classic rock/blues cover bands and try not to torture the drummers with too many dumb questions. But I learn a heck of a lot watching live music! My current fantasies of finding some similar musicians and playing with them may become a goal, but right now I just try to entertain the cats with my flailing around.

Here's a picture of me with my drum teacher and an excellent local drummer, during one of the latter's performances. I'm in the middle! (Edited to clarify that my drum teacher is _also_ an excellent local drummer and not just 'my teacher' - whoops!)

Attachments

• 20220513-P5130259-Nissis.jpg
    20220513-P5130259-Nissis.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
If only I could read and write.
So it’s Ian- same as my nephew and my niece’s husband. My nephew is going to be a Dad soon. Actually both are come think of it. Neither play drums so I’m not sure why it came up? You’re not fixing to be a Dad are you? Oh yeah your name - well now we know your name you might as well drop the noncadillac nonsense.
So Ian I gather you don’t like Cadillacs. I ain’t calling you noncadillac no mo.
Signed GetAgrippa

If only I could read and write.
So it’s Ian- same as my nephew and my niece’s husband. My nephew is going to be a Dad soon. Actually both are come think of it. Neither play drums so I’m not sure why it came up? You’re not fixing to be a Dad are you? Oh yeah your name - well now we know your name you might as well drop the noncadillac nonsense.
So Ian I gather you don’t like Cadillacs. I ain’t calling you noncadillac no mo.
Signed GetAgrippa
The whole dad conversation has come up a time or two in my house, no kids now but I'm in my thirties so I guess it's time to try or give up right? Haha

Yup, my proper name is Ian. Ron Cadillac is a hilarious character from Archer, also a one-off pseudonym I used for a little hip hop thing. Not much of a car guy, my grandfather and dad were both gear heads and around the time young men typically gain that 'habit' I started playing drums instead. You can call me whatever you like as long as it's not a-hole! Lol.

My preferred name though.... Papi

I'm a day late (and more than a dollar short) but if these are still available, I would very much enjoy them.*
(Don't know why I didn't see this post over the weekend, but my fault.)

I'm in. Please include me. Etc.

*They're likely too advanced for me at this point, so there may be others who are a better fit. I'm in Colorado.

I played percussion and drums very seriously as a kid and through college. That was, uh, more than a few years ago! I've been taking lessons since last September, using a Yamaha edrum kit, and having a ton of fun. This forum is great inspiration, for sure - lots of very knowledgeable helpful people, and a few wonderfully cranky folks who I also enjoy.

I go to a lot of classic rock/blues cover bands and try not to torture the drummers with too many dumb questions. But I learn a heck of a lot watching live music! My current fantasies of finding some similar musicians and playing with them may become a goal, but right now I just try to entertain the cats with my flailing around.

Here's a picture of me with my drum teacher and an excellent local drummer, during one of the latter's performances. I'm in the middle!
@MazdaRex Books are your's friend and thanks for jumping in!! PM sent

Wow! I got the wonderful package from roncadillac! It's terrific. I look forward to mastering any, let alone all, of these books.
Lots of inspiration.
Thank you again, Ian, and I'm eager to pay it forward.

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_133157699[1].jpg
    IMG_20220624_133157699[1].jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220624_133202730[1].jpg
    IMG_20220624_133202730[1].jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 2
Back