The millennium Flexi Flyer

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
6AC98F90-8299-42BB-BDDF-CEB48FE57A49.jpegD7DE71B2-4D98-4247-AEDC-607040CD84F2.jpeg
I resurrected my 1978 Tama Flexi Flyer today. The original yoke assembly cracked at one of the posts and I was left with the footboard. Luckily I had a spare newer Yamaha FP6110 strap drive pedal sitting in a forgotten case in the garage so I switched out the foot boards and the old Tama fit perfectly!

After my initial learning on a second hand Speed King when I was 10 in 1976, I spent ALOT of time with the original Tama Flexi Flyer (which is basically the old Camco/Gretsch Floating Action pedal that influenced every pedal - even DW - until today). So it’s nice to have this old footboard going again on a better built chassis. With the new strap, fresh spring, good bearings, it feels brand new!

I had a pair of Tama King Beat pedals with this same footboard.
This looks great!

I even tried a King Beat too - it felt a bit more sluggish to me - even for a new pedal, especially compared to the free swinging of the Flexi.
100%. They were Tama's answer to the Speed King & were unnecessarily overbuilt.

@Bo Eder I see you have many pedal rebuild threads. Do you keep all these pedals or no? Just curious.

Back