What's your latest purchase?

Was just posted in Europe, and bought it right away.

1651009026674.png

A Brady 12x7 Jarrah Block from the 80’s/90’s.
Sweeeet... Congrats & Enjoy! You snagged a good one!

Drummer_D

First of all congrats on your new drum it's a perfect match, I'm happy for you!

Secondly I don't know about nail polish... what do you plan on doing with the drum?

Drummer_D
Thanks! I plan to get a few different shades of lacquer nail polish and see what I can do to help the shell.
Depending on the results, I may put the old one back into the kit and have two toms the same size (which might be illegal in certain places :ROFLMAO:). Or I can part it out and recoup the money I spent on the NOS.

Deep af 12" snare, or maybe two not so deep. As for the nail polish, it should work but finding a match is gonna be a task worthy of Sisyphus.
Now I hadn’t considered snare conversion. That sounds very interesting.
I agree with the color quest, I am really not familiar with nail polish except for what my wife and two daughters have. Maybe I’ll take the shell to Walgreens

Thanks! I plan to get a few different shades of lacquer nail polish and see what I can do to help the shell.
Depending on the results, I may put the old one back into the kit and have two toms the same size (which might be illegal in certain places :ROFLMAO:). Or I can part it out and recoup the money I spent on the NOS.
No matter what you do... Good luck... happy drummin'!

Drummer_D

You treated yourself well. Congrats & Enjoy!

Drummer_D
Drum has arrived, not had chance to test it yet, as i live in a small house and my kit is kept where i rehearse with the brass band, but found out its not maple its Kapur, not sure if thats better or worse neither tbh lol :~)

A thing that's round with a diameter of 13" and is made of wood. Further bulletins as events warrant.

That's a beautiful kit... congrats! What are your plans?

Drummer_D
Thank you.

I'm in the process of tearing it down, to shells. Every piece will get a once-over.
The 12" tom has some slight discolouration that I'm determining how to minimise it's appearance to blend better with the rest of the kit. That's the only blemish on the thing.
The kit is in amazing condition for its age.
I plan on using it on some gigs that require some "beefy sound".

I've already started right this moment of tearing down the first tom. Polishing shell and chrome right now.

IMG_20220429_093136_MP-edited.jpgIMG_20220429_092935_MP-edited.jpgIMG_20220429_092911_MP-edited.jpg

Reactions: I-P
Thank you.

I'm in the process of tearing it down, to shells. Every piece will get a once-over.
The 12" tom has some slight discolouration that I'm determining how to minimise it's appearance to blend better with the rest of the kit. That's the only blemish on the thing.
The kit is in amazing condition for its age.
I plan on using it on some gigs that require some "beefy sound".

I've already started right this moment of tearing down the first tom. Polishing shell and chrome right now.

View attachment 118338View attachment 118339View attachment 118340
Fantastic! I love the white... I know how to clean the chrome but I was wondering what product do you use to clean the shells?

Drummer_D

Back