Wish list 2022

You're close. Probably a Sensitone Heritage Alloy Black Brass, Pearl's version of the Black Beauty. I still have some thinking to do, but I'm just about there.
Love Ray's drumming, but please forgo his awful hair style/cut when you acquire this lovely snare.

I still need to pick up an 18" kick, 8" rack tom and 14" floor tom that matches my Brooklyn to finish off the shell bank.

I'd also love to snag this snare (I got sidetracked with The 135th anniversary in 21)

I also wouldn't mind getting some more "traditional" cymbals - a couple of crashes - 18" and 19" and a less "jazzy" ride...just a more versatile set than the super unique and kind of niche set I have now.

None of these are necessities though - so we'll see what happens haha.

I’m saving up some coin for a 24” Istanbul Agop OM Ride! I kind of got hooked because my school has a 24” K Light and there’s just something about that big sound! However, I really dig the darker and dryer sound of the Agop, and I found that it seems pretty versatile for a lot of situations!
F11873AE-A469-430D-923C-17B7E89D1918.jpeg
Soon…..

I’m after two things that might not exist:

A 13” x 7” thin-shelled bronze snare in the UK.

An 18” or 19” cymbal that has the same pitch and overtone structure as my 17” Meinl Extra Dry Crash but with a smooth decay (the way my 17” decays is really weird - I think it was the runt of the Meinl litter that year!) 17” is feeling line a big splash these days.

I’m after two things that might not exist:

A 13” x 7” thin-shelled bronze snare in the UK.

An 18” or 19” cymbal that has the same pitch and overtone structure as my 17” Meinl Extra Dry Crash but with a smooth decay (the way my 17” decays is really weird - I think it was the runt of the Meinl litter that year!) 17” is feeling line a big splash these days.
Sounds like a trip to your local drum shop is in order to try out some cymblage! :)(y)

Last two weeks of December, and the first two weeks of Januari have basically filfilled all my drum needs already.

But I do like to buy a FP9415 pedal this year.
Very reasonably priced pedal loved by Yammy fans the world over! Happy hunting!:)(y)

I need a new inexpensive Zoom video recorder and I want a real cheap Alesi ekit ( just like the piece of crap I play at church) so I can get use to playing within those limitations (since even offering to mic an acoustic was pooped on) and I can play quiet anytime. And I want to try different Bopworks sticks styles. Nothing big and I guess I don’t even need that.

I need a new inexpensive Zoom video recorder and I want a real cheap Alesi ekit ( just like the piece of crap I play at church) so I can get use to playing within those limitations (since even offering to mic an acoustic was pooped on) and I can play quiet anytime. And I want to try different Bopworks sticks styles. Nothing big and I guess I don’t even need that.
Why the hate for acoustic drums?!:rolleyes::) Makes sense to acclimatise yourself if that’s what they insist. I checked out Bopworks’ site, and they also do a mean line of t-shirts. Might check out their Lok Brushes as this is an area I’ve barely explored in all my years of playing hard rock…enjoy your stick adventure!!:D(y)

If Ludwig ever comes out with a 13" Black Beauty, I'd probably get one of those,
even though I don't need it. :cool:

Last edited:
I'm pretty well set for drum/cymbal stuff. I do need a new desktop computer though.
My laptop is only a year old, but the desktop is 11 years old.
It still works fine, and I was able to update it to Windows 10, but not Win 11,
and it struggles with some of the newer softsynths I've been using.

I've been trying to hold off until the chip shortage eases off, and also after
reading about the next gen Intel chips.

If Ludwig ever comes out with a 13" Black Beauty, I'd probably get one of those,
even though I don't need it. :cool:
Coolness. I’ve only just stopped using my 1998 PC that I used to create midi files on Cakewalk! :ROFLMAO:(y) My dad kindly gave me his old Mac so I’m saving up for a DAW (probably Logic) to get heavily back into writing music this year. Hope your Ludwig dreams come true but sounds like you’re set in the drum department!:)

I bought a ton of gear last year, so I'm pretty well set. But I was just asked to join 2 new tribute bands, so I'd like to pick up:

19" Paiste 602 Modern Essentials crash
19" Paiste Signature Power crash
maybe some Signature hi-hats

And my PC laptop has been on the fritz for months, so I'll probably make the switch to a MacBook Pro. Other than that, I'm good! (famous last words)

I bought a ton of gear last year, so I'm pretty well set. But I was just asked to join 2 new tribute bands, so I'd like to pick up:

19" Paiste 602 Modern Essentials crash
19" Paiste Signature Power crash
maybe some Signature hi-hats

And my PC laptop has been on the fritz for months, so I'll probably make the switch to a MacBook Pro. Other than that, I'm good! (famous last words)
Awesome cymblage mate and congrats on the gigs! I feel your PC woes, I was in the process of saving for a MacBook Pro when my dad kindly gave me his Mac…(y):)

Let's see, in terms of "stuff," I bought a crap-ton of gear last year, so I need to get rid of some things. I'm hoping to possibly sell my Pork Pie kit in turquoise sparkle, my Ludwig CM's in red sparkle (downbeat sizes), my Legend PB snare, in addition to a couple other odds and ends. If I can sell those two kits, I'd like to get another set of CM's in a sparkle finish in a 22, 13, 16 config. and possibly another Ludwig snare of some kind for my non-travel kit.

More importantly, I'm really praying for safe travels this year. We are expanding our "bubble" so to speak in terms of traveling for gigs, so I'm really working on finding a good balance between working my day job, gigging, being a good dad and husband, and church. We have a fun and busy year planned so far, but I'm concentrating on being present as much as I can.

This year, I'm getting some new cymbal sounds and stuff for recording/shows this spring with my band.
Going with Zildjian A Custom.
15" Mastersound hats, 20" Crash (probably a couple), and 22" Ride.
I've checked out the Projection, and the Med Ride offerings as well, but I prefer the standard versions.
Possibly a 20" S series thin crash as well. That one has a pretty cool sound and a great sustain.
I've been using larger (24") and fairly washy rides for the last 15+ years, and I'm feeling a little more "ping" is what I'm wanting lately.

Funny, because 20+ years ago, when the regular A line just sucked, and I couldn't get a good sounding 20" A crash AT ALL (after 8 tries) the Zildjian sales rep was in the shop and said, "we have the A Custom you might like..." I said, "I just want what I was always able to get, and now I CAN'T". I was NOT into brilliant cymbals then, at all, PLUS, they had just discontinued a favorite of mine, the 20" A Swish cymbal....
I went to Sabian in '00, and was very happy, and in '09 I started getting into Paiste too.
I have (or had) basically anything I could want from those 2 brands. Now, I'm just hearing something different, and my sonic needs in my band are changing with what the music is doing.
Everything old, is new again....

Back