Need an idea of value of this drum set...

The Ludwig Standard is made by Paiste. You can see their name under "Made in Germany". Paiste was headquartered in Germany between 1945 and 1957. My guess is your cymbal is somewhere in between.
Ludwig/Paiste Standard cymbals were made to ship with Standard kits between 1968 and 1974.

Ludwig/Paiste Standard cymbals were made to ship with Standard kits between 1968 and 1974.
I'm not disagreeing, just curious as to why it would say "Made in Germany" then. They moved to Switzerland in 1957.

If I were you, I'd probably think about framing that drumhead. It's just...beautiful. It would be a nice memento.

xKN4rhG.jpeg

I'm not disagreeing, just curious as to why it would say "Made in Germany" then. They moved to Switzerland in 1957.
They moved headquarters and production of their top lines to Switzerland. But the Ludwig cymbals weren't top shelf. Production for those lesser-quality lines stayed in Germany.

In the 80s I bought a set of Paiste Sound Vader hi-hats. Made in Germany. Not top-of-the-line, but very nice.

They moved headquarters and production of their top lines to Switzerland. But the Ludwig cymbals weren't top shelf. Production for those lesser-quality lines stayed in Germany.

In the 80s I bought a set of Paiste Sound Vader hi-hats. Made in Germany. Not top-of-the-line, but very nice.
Interesting.

I have a set of Nu Vader's. They arent bad. I had no idea they were connected to Paiste.

Back