Drum rack to midi controller stand

SVBJECT

I have my electric kit, I would like as compact a set up as possible, but the plan being to gig on it. I'd like a controller for the DAW the drums are coming through on my kit, and I'm looking at stands.

Every option seems to be standalone stand; are there really no kind of universal attachments that can lock onto a drum-frame?

What kind of controller do you plan on using? That info will help folks suggest a stand.
Sure, although I'm not convinced that matters, its a simple result of searching and seeing no reasonably heavy duty remotely appropriate stands that attach to drum racks. There's a few sheet music stands, sure, but non wide enough or particularly sturdy enough to want to trust a few hundred quid gear on it that you will be using with physical interaction.

But either an MPC or launchpad most likely, but not even seeing laptop stands that would clamp to a drumrack. It might have to be a custom job, fine, but it's more speculation at the lack of immediately obvious options for combining computers and drums in a basic hardware sense.

How about adding a mount to the bottom of your controller. Both my Roland SPD-X and my NORD drum 1 have mounting plates attached. Gibraltar makes one, called the SC-EMMP. They, you find an Aux. clamp that attached it to your drum rack.

Attachments

• gibraltar sc-emmp.jpg
    gibraltar sc-emmp.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
How about adding a mount to the bottom of your controller. Both my Roland SPD-X and my NORD drum 1 have mounting plates attached. Gibraltar makes one, called the SC-EMMP. They, you find an Aux. clamp that attached it to your drum rack.

That is more what I meant, certainly in its use with anything I guess, but I have very little access to tools and a working space to put holes in the back of the controllers...but I guess it stands to reason that it is probably such a niche market that there isn't too much out there.
It does make me wonder if I might be better off - especially as I'm still not sure what controller will be most use - if I could construct a cradle type platform thing using this and a few strips of pre-cut metal. Hell even meccano attached to one of these might do, at least until I know what I want more specifically and can put in the time to attach this to the lucky controller!

Hmmm, maybe not what you are looking for... but I utilized a Gibraltar GEMS-TTOP for Roland TD-30 inserted in the end of rack vertical arm (not on a stand).

A2E conversion:
I buried in this build are some pictures of what I used.

I have my electric kit, I would like as compact a set up as possible, but the plan being to gig on it. I'd like a controller for the DAW the drums are coming through on my kit, and I'm looking at stands.

Every option seems to be standalone stand; are there really no kind of universal attachments that can lock onto a drum-frame?
look for this:

Gibraltar SC-GEMC Black/Chrome​

or search Gibraltar drum rack laptop stand. It clamps to the rack and it will support a pretty heavy device.. I know your device is a MIDI controller not a laptop but this should work.

Back