Physical metronome with all subdivisions?

Jonathan Curtis

Silver Member
Does anybody know of a physical, digital metronome that can play all of the subdivisions (quintuplets, septuplets, etc.)? All of the main contenders like the Rhythm Watch have triplets, and then a few 16th note rhythms, and that's it.

It would also need a stereo headphone jack.

Tonnes of apps can do it, but my phone doesn't have a headphone jack, hence looking for a digital version.

A Lightning adaptor (if it’s an iPhone) is $8. A cheap used iPhone or Android on eBay is maybe $75. I can’t imagine you would spend less on a dedicated device and the apps are better.

Thanks! I've just bought a lightning adapter. Much easier than buying a new metronome.
Sounds like a good choice. I considered a dedicated device a while back but none came close to the apps. PolyNome for example is untouchable by any dedicated device. That app is a drummers dream.

Sounds like a good choice. I considered a dedicated device a while back but none came close to the apps. PolyNome for example is untouchable by any dedicated device. That app is a drummers dream.

Yeah, I actually endorse that app (see my sig). But I need something really specific for a project and was being let down by the lack of headphone jack on my phone. This is a great fix.

That app looks cool, but I can't use it so it'd have to be a dedicated device. Damn.

Back