Funky Friday Groove

Hey guys! Here's another odd metered groove, this time in 19/16. I phrased with 4 groups of 16ths plus 1 group of 3 16ths. I then added a backbeat on 2 and 4 of the bar to make it somewhat close to a 4/4 rhythm. I hope you'll enjoy.

Hey guys! Here's another groove where I am playing two beats of paradiddle-diddle on hihat and snare and then on beats 3 and 4, I am playing the linear figure "RLK" over hat, snare and bass drum. I hope you'll enjoy.

Hey guys! Here's another cowbell oriented groove where I am adding a few bass drum doubles "à la John Bonham" sort of. I hope you'll enjoy:

Hey guys! Here's another linear groove where I decided not to use the bass drum and replace it by toms and hihat foot. I hope you'll enjoy:

Um..i think you might be getting a call from Garibaldi in case he's on vacation. Watching these almost looks like some kind of magic act but I didn't see any mirrors. As kernel Klink would say....veddy veddy eentahdesting. Thanks for the 4th of July present. Happy 4th!

Um..i think you might be getting a call from Garibaldi in case he's on vacation. Watching these almost looks like some kind of magic act but I didn't see any mirrors. As kernel Klink would say....veddy veddy eentahdesting. Thanks for the 4th of July present. Happy 4th!
Haha!! I'll be looking for my phone then. ;)

Happy 4th of July to you too.

Hey guys! Here's another groove. This time, I decided to go for a very long sticking that resolves over 4 bars. I'm playing "RLRLRLL" 7 times plus two beats of "RLLR LRRL". Kick on 1&3 and snare drum accents on 2&4. I hope you'll enjoy.

Hey guys! Here's another groove where I am playing two beats of paradiddle-diddle on hihat and snare and then on beats 3 and 4, I am playing the linear figure "RLK" over hat, snare and bass drum. I hope you'll enjoy.

Very nice. My kinda stuff. Will have to go back to the start of this thread. :)

Hi guys,

Here's "Funky Friday Groove #9" which is a half time shuffle using a paradiddle-diddle sticking.

I hope you'll enjoy.

Nice. Ok, I guess I am going to have to run some of these when I get back on the kit. Right up my alley. Thanks for sharing this stuff.

very nice.. but better than the groove is the tuning on those toms.... really loving those things :) What heads btw? mine won't sing like that..

very nice.. but better than the groove is the tuning on those toms.... really loving those things :) What heads btw? mine won't sing like that..
Thank you. I'm using Evans UV1 coated on top. Clear heads on the bottom.

By the way, one thing I can tell you about the sound of those toms is that not that long ago, I realized that the rod from the tom holder was making a contact with the shell. Once I moved the tom a bit further back to get rid of the contact, they were singing much, much more. It made a big difference to me. I hadn't noticed it before.

Thank you. I'm using Evans UV1 coated on top. Clear heads on the bottom.

By the way, one thing I can tell you about the sound of those toms is that not that long ago, I realized that the rod from the tom holder was making a contact with the shell. Once I moved the tom a bit further back to get rid of the contact, they were singing much, much more. It made a big difference to me. I hadn't noticed it before.

Ahh thanks, i have the yammy pre-yess system which find fine, but i do have the drums pushed up against the mount all the way up the rod ( i like to keep things compact as i can) i might try moving them out a bit.

I'm find with my sustain, i just can't get them to be that boomy/bassy like my DW's.. i think it comes down to the new drums being beech and not maple.. i love how they sound though so no complaints:)

Back