What is your “old relable” snare drum ?

Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time. A long time..

Takes me back to my distant youth.
He sold lots of his gear off at my local drum shop they're from Stourbridge which is about 7 miles away same as the Wonderstuff. I had one of his ride cymbals and got rid of it like an idiot.

Pearl Sensitone Brass 5.5" x 14".

I bought it used off EBay many years ago, stripped the lacquer from the shell to get a dull, tarnished look. It's my do-everything snare. Sounds great in every situation.

Millions and millions of people disagree with you. I'd check that rating system for accuracy.
Millions and millions (I think its a smaller number btw) would make it overrated in general.

The acro is a killer snare no doubt. But there are (now especially) the same and sometimes even better options.

What remains is nostalgia feeling.

Don’t forget the hayday of the Acro was in a time when there wasn’t much else (nor Internet or global sales like today), and most (hit) recordings where done in the US, so it was designated to be the most recorded snare, even if there was a proper competitor to begin with.

Millions and millions (I think its a smaller number btw) would make it overrated in general.

The acro is a killer snare no doubt. But there are (now especially) the same and sometimes even better options.

What remains is nostalgia feeling.

Don’t forget the hayday of the Acro was in a time when there wasn’t much else (nor Internet or global sales like today), and most (hit) recordings where done in the US, so it was designated to be the most recorded snare, even if there was a proper competitor to begin with.
…and yet multiple people on this thread, on a drum forum, listed Acrolites as their favorite go to snare…in 2021. I guess the “hay day” must be over….

…and yet multiple people on this thread, on a drum forum, listed Acrolites as their favorite go to snare…in 2021. I guess the “hay day” must be over….
You are missing the point.

And “multiple on this forum” is of course nothing in the reprisentible grand scheme of this.

I think if you would put this topic it in a poll, the balance would tip to orher drums.

wven when it would tip in favorite of a fan favorite. For this, location and nostalgia applies even more.

It is a loved snare for sure. The number of people who sing it's praises is impressive.

Personally I didn't care for the 67 I got. I couldn't ignore the buzz about it here, and had to see for myself.

I liked my Supra better, but the Supra isn't my tone either.

You are missing the point.

And “multiple on this forum” is of course nothing in the reprisentible grand scheme of this.

I think if you would put this topic it in a poll, the balance would tip to orher drums.

wven when it would tip in favorite of a fan favorite. For this, location and nostalgia applies even more.

Yes, Drummerworld polls always work out EXACTLY as the pollster intended and provide scientifically verified results. :p

Perusing the scrap heap of prior Drummerworld polls is much akin to Dante's harrowing descent into the seventh circle of hell.

Back