Good eq for computer

styledcliff

Typically when I play to music I have spotify going and just play along. Unfortunately my computer didn't come with an equalizer and all the options I have looked at require a track. I'm looking for an app or download that runs of the base computer sound. If I can't hear the drums clearly its hard to drum along any suggestions.

A bigger amp and better speakers will probably help more than an EQ. What are you using for reproduction?

A bigger amp and better speakers will probably help more than an EQ. What are you using for reproduction?
Because I play in a basement I have to put cans on so I don't lose my hearing while I practice, so I play music through the cans but they don't really do much in the way of amplifying the surroundings. Turn the volume up and everything goes up. I know equalizers have presets that will boost the bass, or the drums, or woodwinds, strings, etc. and so far I haven't found one for the pc, have one for my phone but when I get off work my phone is practically dead. Plus I don't have much in the way of funds to go get new equipment, gotta use what I got.

Because I play in a basement I have to put cans on so I don't lose my hearing while I practice, so I play music through the cans but they don't really do much in the way of amplifying the surroundings. Turn the volume up and everything goes up. I know equalizers have presets that will boost the bass, or the drums, or woodwinds, strings, etc. and so far I haven't found one for the pc, have one for my phone but when I get off work my phone is practically dead. Plus I don't have much in the way of funds to go get new equipment, gotta use what I got.
EQ affects frequencies, not necessarily different instruments. I don't think an EQ is the solution for not being able to hear the drums.

From what I understand is that you play with headphones that are plugged in to a sound source (computer, cell phone, etc.) and if you turn it up too loud, you can't hear the drums? Do I have that right?

I can hear the drums just not very well since most songs focus on the lead singer, guitar etc. I just want to boost the drums so they can be heard more than the leads. I'm trying to learn a song thats in double time but unless I have a template I can hear im all over the place in timing.

I can hear the drums just not very well since most songs focus on the lead singer, guitar etc. I just want to boost the drums so they can be heard more than the leads. I'm trying to learn a song thats in double time but unless I have a template I can hear im all over the place in timing.
Are you referring to boosting the drums in the song, or the ones you are playing?

No. EQ will not help. You’re just listening to stereo tracks, so any EQ applied will affect the entire stereo track. Just to listen to your music louder, you will need an external headphone amplifier just to make it loud enough so you can hear the music clearly over your drums while playing.

But you don’t have any $$, so I’m not sure how we can help you. Whatever you need will require $$.

I have used these for years!! They not only allow me to completely hear the music...whcih leads to me not cranking the music, they also make the drums "even out" in the mix you are hearing...thiss makes it so I don't hit the drums too hard

these are/were a no brainer purchase for me

On my computer I had to do a lot of clicking and searching menus to find the eq control but it was there

I have used these for years!! They not only allow me to completely hear the music...whcih leads to me not cranking the music, they also make the drums "even out" in the mix you are hearing...thiss makes it so I don't hit the drums too hard

these are/were a no brainer purchase for me
if they work better than my Yamahas its worth a try, the headphones i currently have don't completely cover my ears.

if they work better than my Yamahas its worth a try, the headphones i currently have don't completely cover my ears.

they will...these are the best phones for this kind of use that i have ever had!!

There have been incredible strides in Bluetooth speaker technology recently. I listen to my Bluetooth speakers all of the time whenever I'm working around the house.

Back