Help with stick control again

Unfortunately, I feel the pressure not to continue with my questions.
Why is that? Because some people keep recommending a teacher? You've gotten lots of answers, so people are generally interested, but at the same time, that might be the problem - too much different input from a bunch of strangers (like myself) versus focussing on a few things with a qualified teacher (who hopefully knows what you need at the moment). I understand that you don't want to have one, but it's really the best way if money is not an object. I doubt that those recommendations are intended to keep you away from posting, but because people think that this would be the best way to progress. :)

Why is that? Because some people keep recommending a teacher? You've gotten lots of answers, so people are generally interested, but at the same time, that might be the problem - too much different input from a bunch of strangers (like myself) versus focussing on a few things with a qualified teacher (who hopefully knows what you need at the moment). I understand that you don't want to have one, but it's really the best way if money is not an object. I doubt that those recommendations are intended to keep you away from posting, but because people think that this would be the best way to progress. :)
Actually you are right, this thread gave me the answer I was looking for a long time ago about the difference between A B and C. Then it turned into a grip discussion and about my doubles.

Which is not a bad thing by itself.

Perhaps I was a bit unfair with the pressure thing.

I learned a bunch of things with this thread really.

If the doubles are still not OK f*** it 😄 I still won big.

SC is one book that's been with me from the first. And I still practice (or "practise") from it.
Sure, it's not completely thorough. And the dearth of accents is still an aspect of the book that
is either brilliant or remiss, can't figure out which. The things you can teach yourself on those first
three pages of exercises hasn't been topped. Coming at figures with leading with the left or the right
is superb. My rudimental ability comes from SC and Wilcoxon's "Swing Solos."

SC is one book that's been with me from the first. And I still practice (or "practise") from it.
Sure, it's not completely thorough. And the dearth of accents is still an aspect of the book that
is either brilliant or remiss, can't figure out which. The things you can teach yourself on those first
three pages of exercises hasn't been topped
. Coming at figures with leading with the left or the right
is superb. My rudimental ability comes from SC and Wilcoxon's "Swing Solos."

yep...i tell my students these are sort of the foundation of drumming practice...Stone was one of the first guys to start writing down things for drummers to actually work on technique with...not just "playing notes"

Back