What's your latest purchase?

Welp, after 24 years of gigging (!) my Yamaha 700 series boom stands are starting to break down... height adjustment points are starting to strip out, as is one boom assembly. Only so much you can do with that. So two new Ludwig Atlas Standard stands are on the way - clamp adjustments rather than against-the-tube tightening and toothless tilters, for $69 apiece plus free shipping. Not too shabby.

Does Guitar center frown on price matching?.
Nope. Got them to match a Sweetwater price on a super kick. No questions from them at all.

I spent a whopping 19.99 on a 3 pack of Cater 5B's at Guitar center. Befor I head back home tomorrow I'll more than likely pick up the set of 14" 2002 sound edge hats today. Does Guitar center frown on price matching?.
Nope. Got them to match a Sweetwater price on a super kick. No questions from them at all.
Same, ime. Did it for me on some cymbal stands.

Almost pulled the trigger on an acro, but after hearing this I just had to have it. My amazing wife let me dip into the savings to grab it. Yes, I am very lucky XD Only thing I have changed is to put on 42 strand snare wires for a fatter sound.
Nice! Which shell is that, the steel or the aluminium?

View attachment 105204
We have arrived at the 21st Century here, folks.
Please let us know how much you enjoy programming your new tool. I found it tedious and time consuming (for me) but once all the samples were loaded it’s very fun to use. I would also recommend a stereo DI box for the FOH and audio engineers in your life.

Please let us know how much you enjoy programming your new tool. I found it tedious and time consuming (for me) but once all the samples were loaded it’s very fun to use. I would also recommend a stereo DI box for the FOH and audio engineers in your life.

If I said I was looking forward to the programming I'd be lying, but it seems like powerful tool all the same. We're paring the Cygnus X-2 project down to the proper trio, so I'll be loading it with samples of chimes and sound effects, and I really don't want to run out of storage, hence the SE version.

Believe me I've got DIs haha. I've got a JDI Duplex that's one of the most useful pieces of gear in my studio, and I would totally get another one if I end up needing to do so.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the pics. ;)
You and me both! I am picking the kit up tomorrow and Dave from Dave's Drums in Ottawa, Ontario Canada will be tuning them up for me so that I can hit the skins. I am also moving the same day so it won't be until the end of the day, early evening before I can even think of playing. It will be a very late night for sure. I just gravitated to the Licorice colour with that lovely understated satin finish and smart, yet simple Yamaha aesthetic. My brother recently picked up an absolutely stunning DW Design Series kit in gloss black to compliment his Renown. I think the DW is one of the most beautiful looking kits. My Tour Custom is of course fairly muted, but to my eyes very beautiful.

I can't wait until I can get a cymbal package that I am fully happy with. My brother has kindly loaned me a few spare Zildjian A and I think the nice fresh tones are growing on me. He also has a set of K Sweet that I think are the bomb, but I have to admit, the A line are growing on me. Time will tell what I go with. I'll post some pictures on Sunday I suspect. Cheers.

Just pulled the trigger on one of these new Pearl BD hoop mount cymbal holders. Have been meaning to put a ride cymbal mount on my Standards but I really didn't want to drill any more on that poor abused thing. This looks super solid and the toothless tilter was the deciding factor. I'll let you know how it goes. I've really had to re-evaluate my opinion of Pearl's hardware as of late. (also check out their new curved cymbal booms... weird huh?)

1623512911454.png

Picked this up today new old stock . It is a 7 x 14” Ludwig 110th anniversary Classic Maple snare with an outer ply of Avodire veneer and nickel plated hardware . 10 ply maple shell . This is a beast with the stock heads . I will swap out the batter for a Remo CS in the near future I think .73DFD45B-D0DD-40AB-90DB-D8EE710D07A5.jpegDF10B3DD-080D-42C0-AB69-64D07C63BFB5.jpeg1C54BAF8-B39F-45C4-9BB6-842C6459FDF6.jpeg

Back