British Drum Company needs to stop doing this...

IBitePrettyHard

I will never buy a drum based on 3D renderings. I want pictures of the real thing!

Is it just me? Would you buy a kit without seeing real pictures of it first?
fB63Jow.png

I can see both sides of that. From the company side this is a high quality way to give people a look at all the various finish options without having to photograph every single one.

That being said, when it comes to higher end drums and finishes I would like at least a single tom etc. in an actual high quality picture to confirm the finish before forking over 2-3K

I can see both sides of that. From the company side this is a high quality way to give people a look at all the various finish options without having to photograph every single one.

That being said, when it comes to higher end drums and finishes I would like at least a single tom etc. in an actual high quality picture to confirm the finish before forking over 2-3K
Exactly!
Many companies offer a 360 view of the kit. You can see all the finishes & configs they offer.
But nothing beats sitting down & hearing it in person.

The sad part is, who stocks that many kits these days?
No one.

You'll be lucky to walk into a Sam Ass or Guitar Sucker & see a varied assortment of drums. Then finding a "drum guy" at all is a whole other deal.
Sound clips? Yeah...for the most part. But who knows how they tweaked it to sound better to make a sale.

For me, It's like drum sticks: If I can't handle them in person, I'm not buying.

I will never buy a drum based on 3D renderings. I want pictures of the real thing!

fB63Jow.png
No I would not and those are more $1k beyond what I am willing to pay for a drum kit.
Pretty though.

I wouldn’t either. The rendering of wood textured object looks so cheap. It is even not that clear if it’s gloss or satin. For expensive drum kits it’s a shame. First it seemed a smart move when the Company was starting, I thought those visuals would be replaced quickly, but it‘s been a couple of years now.

better publicity right here : https://www.drumazon.com/products/b...adilly-white-build-your-own-kit-specification

I know, I like white Brit kits ;) I really dig those lugs !
Strange on this high end kits to see rough unpainted bass drum hoop edges.

Last edited:
I have a British Drum Company snare and it is fantastic. I mean, it's among the best wood snare drums I have ever played. I was so inspired by the snare that I was seriously thinking about buying an entire kit. And then I looked at their finish choices. It is ridiculous in this day and age that a major drum company would have such limited finish choices and such crappy 3D renderings. It was astounding to me that this is how they choose to present their brand.

I reached out to the company and got a vague, "We can do some other finishes." I decided to pass, which is a shame since they make great drums.

No. I used to have to do renderings of CAD drawings. Buildings, rooms, individual parts, etc. It never looks as good as the real thing. I'm not a fan of renderings at all. They lack all the nuances of organic detail and replace it with good enough patterns. No rendering ever looks real.

Might be nice if these guys could rescue the Premier name from its present obscurity and give it back its quality by renaming their company. (like the way The Triumph motorcycle co. was reborn via a new business)
They could then drop that sterile 'b' logo and ugly badging.

Might be nice if these guys could rescue the Premier name from its present obscurity and give it back its quality by renaming their company. (like the way The Triumph motorcycle co. was reborn via a new business)
They could then drop that sterile 'b' logo and ugly badging.
This is what I first thought. Why the hassle of building a brand from the ground instead of rebuild a company with alrealdy a strong background and history?

Back