Sweetwater has never let me down...until today

I'm expecting my very first Sweetwater package soon....I'm so excited!
You'll probably get fennel flavored taffy. I'd personally just go to the grocery store and buy a $3 bag of assorted candies if I wanted a bunch of corn syrup flavored goo. But I'd eat it anyway :)

There is no such thing as cancel culture. It's merely a very well-run and very well-funded public relations attack against historically marginalized groups exercising their right to free speech. The problem for the rich and powerful is that those historically marginalized groups now have the ability to actually get their message heard. Hence their massive PR campaign against accountability.
Ok.
That sounds like "Cancel Culture" with a lot more words.

Regardless of the official definition, the issues of doing the action are still there.
I ran into a few of them when I did a pre-covid rockabilly festival & my reso head had a clothed, cartoon pin up girl on it.
I was called misogynistic and they wanted our entire band stricken off the bill.
When the promoter wouldn't do it, they hopped onto social media & said the entire festival was sexist & no one should attend.

It ended with them just leaving (had they just done that from the beginning, none of this would've happened) & all went as planned.

But you can see how those who feel this way of control can spin a harmless hill into a mountain.
This is why the use of the hashtag strikes a nerve for me. When you're on the receiving end of it when it was never needed, you quickly see how stupid it really is.

All kidding aside, Sweetwater has always provided me with first-rate, professional service. Never one single problem . . . ever.
My first Sweetwater Rep, Katy, was a Berklee graduate in Film Scoring. At that time I was expanding my mic locker for location
audio recording. She knew her stuff inside and out and would never let me overbuy a more expensive mic I was considering
without telling me a better, cheaper option that was better suited for my application. Sweetwater has always looked out for my
best interests.

Footnote: Hey Josh, if you're reading this it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you ever wanted to substitute the candy with some Franklin
barbecue or a porterhouse steak. Just saying.

All kidding aside, Sweetwater has always provided me with first-rate, professional service. Never one single problem . . . ever.
My first Sweetwater Rep, Katy, was a Berklee graduate in Film Scoring. At that time I was expanding my mic locker for location
audio recording. She knew her stuff inside and out and would never let me overbuy a more expensive mic I was considering
without telling me a better, cheaper option that was better suited for my application. Sweetwater has always looked out for my
best interests.
I too have never had an unresolved issue in the many moons I've been dealing with them.
My sales engineer has always been straight up & if I had an issue, he and I talked it through to my satisfaction.

I submit that anyone who wasn't dealt with professionally is an anomaly in the big picture. I feel bad they went through this.

I can finance with Sweetwater for 4 years with no interest and I get kick ass customer service. Those things are worth more to me than overall savings.

My last two orders had no candy at all. I am still bitter about this.
I'm wondering if they stopped for a wile because of COVID.

While working at the hospital, some of the shipments from one of the medical companies had candy in them but never banana flavored.

Never had a (really) negative experience with them. Three things that caused varying degrees of frustration do come to mind though:

1. Called about some gear and asked for a better price than MAP. The guy asked if I had seen a better price elsewhere. I told him I could buy it at several locations, get free shipping and not have to pay California sales tax... He argued with me about that saying it wasn't possible. Really? I ended up buying local.

2. Ordered some drum heads and they arrived with a few (20-30) light stick marks on each. I complained, they told me to keep them and over-nighted me a new set.

3. They sent an order with no Bit-o-Honey... Oh the horror!

4 years no interest? Seriously? I didn't know that.

update: That's a limited time deal only on DW and PDP
Oooh...really? I might have to look into that. Not that I should finance anything, but stretching out a big purchase over 4 years has lots of wife acceptance factor. (Meaning she won’t see all that cash leave the account...lol)

4 years no interest? Seriously? I didn't know that.

update: That's a limited time deal only on DW and PDP
Currently on dw and pdp. They run it all the time on many other brands. I have zero interest on my Zildjians and the Gibraltar hardware. As well as a snare I picked up.

Back