You need to watch the movie “Soul”

Soul was really good, Sound of Metal wasn't. Also, drumming is just a really small part of it.

The story line in Soul was very poignant (yes, I cried too)---they really did their research. Lots of tropes and details that musicians will understand and artists too. Also, the quality of illuminated light in some of those city scenes was just incredible, sort of an animated Film Noir feeling---but without the existential moodiness of 1940s Film Noir. Soul has a subtle, sophisticated use of color that really gave those late afternoon or early morning city scenes a rich warmth--almost like we were traveling through a fond memory. It's got everything--quality in the storyline and dialogue and outstanding animated character development and also outstanding artistic composition in the background artwork.

I was honestly SHOCKED when Soul was not nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture. Disney's Beauty and the Beast was nominated for Best Picture a few decades ago, but I feel Soul far surpasses that film in maturity of medium and content of storyline.

Stroman, It's $6.00 a month for Disney here where we are. There's not much on there. Hamilton, and Soul and some Star Wars stuff. You could subscribe for a month and then drop it. Just an idea.

The story line in Soul was very poignant (yes, I cried too)---they really did their research. Lots of tropes and details that musicians will understand and artists too. Also, the quality of illuminated light in some of those city scenes was just incredible, sort of an animated Film Noir feeling---but without the existential moodiness of 1940s Film Noir. Soul has a subtle, sophisticated use of color that really gave those late afternoon or early morning city scenes a rich warmth--almost like we were traveling through a fond memory. It's got everything--quality in the storyline and dialogue and outstanding animated character development and also outstanding artistic composition in the background artwork.

I was honestly SHOCKED when Soul was not nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture. Disney's Beauty and the Beast was nominated for Best Picture a few decades ago, but I feel Soul far surpasses that film in maturity of medium and content of storyline.

Stroman, It's $6.00 a month for Disney here where we are. There's not much on there. Hamilton, and Soul and some Star Wars stuff. You could subscribe for a month and then drop it. Just an idea.

I was actually a bigger fan of the indoor scenes, especially in his apartment and somewhat at the jazz club. The light and color in still scenes in his apartment was unbelievable.

some Star Wars stuff
Blasphemy!! The only reason to subscribe. This is the way.
If you don't know, you're missing out. Favreau and Filoni should have the keys to the kingdom.

My son in law gifted me a subscription to watch the mandelorian.....a year ago, I have never used it...i've seen only the first episode before the subscription was gifted. I feel like an ass for not using it but I was getting deployed so I didn't have time to use it, then I got deployed, then by the time I got back it was too late...

I’ve read some crazy threads about who Ghost 22 became but I’m like didn’t you watch the movie-it doesn’t matter.

I'm going to have to watch Soul. I'm known to cry watching certain movies. Think Dances With Wolves, Field of Dreams, Sling Blade, Brian's Song, The Lake House. Probably others I can't think of at the moment. I think I'll watch it tonight. I need a good cry.

Dude. It’s the first time I’ve been able to pay attention to a movie all the way through in probably 6 or 7 years. Or longer. I even cried. It’s all about a guy and his sort-of-failed music career, and larger soul-purpose stuff. Just...wow.
That is another hobby of mine, watching movies (mostly cartoons like Soul). I love music and movies and the relaxation of it. I am as big of a fan in home theatre audio as I am with musical instruments. My favorite things are being with my wife, hanging out with my animals, playing/listening to music and my theatre/living room.
Nothing better then a good cigar, cold beer and music! Here are a few pics I just took of what I mean87435AF7-E570-4EDE-B744-C003D80A9525.jpeg0ABF0D2A-7C83-4E9B-8AF6-F2D5533F177B.jpeg87435AF7-E570-4EDE-B744-C003D80A9525.jpeg0ABF0D2A-7C83-4E9B-8AF6-F2D5533F177B.jpeg

Attachments

• 442A9637-B4B4-4C38-8CFC-167EE205AF44.jpeg
    442A9637-B4B4-4C38-8CFC-167EE205AF44.jpeg
    723.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 0E90BA25-E629-4C7A-A436-CD8E7AD7CB31.jpeg
    0E90BA25-E629-4C7A-A436-CD8E7AD7CB31.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back