Regal Tip out of business?

You'd think their website would say something if they were.

They make these super thin wood handle brushes (550w) that I absolutely love, my favorite ever, but they are impossible to find. Even online I can't seem to find them. Happy to hear they aren't gone.

Been a Regal Tip fan for a long time, but can't find a local shop that carries them.
They have a funky numbering system beyond the usual 5a, 5b (8a, 9a???) etc. and I don't know what those higher numbers mean.

I do like their tips as they lasted a long time & thanks to the lacquer they used, I always had a good grip. My issue is if I don't have a shop where I can try them, I'm not buying them.

I know I'm not alone in this & add enough people with the same opinion, I could see some future financial trouble.

I'm glad they're still going strong despite the current condition.

Been a Regal Tip fan for a long time, but can't find a local shop that carries them.
They have a funky numbering system beyond the usual 5a, 5b (8a, 9a???) etc. and I don't know what those higher numbers mean.

I do like their tips as they lasted a long time & thanks to the lacquer they used, I always had a good grip. My issue is if I don't have a shop where I can try them, I'm not buying them.

I know I'm not alone in this & add enough people with the same opinion, I could see some future financial trouble.

I'm glad they're still going strong despite the current condition.

Same for attack drum heads. I've heard great things but can't find them anywhere locally.

It's seems like they are behind a lot right now. I'm an artist for them and have "some" inside info, but not a lot.
Last year they shut production down to retool some of the machines, this caused them to also skip winter NAMM for the first time in ever. Just as things got back up and running they were again shut down by the state of NY for the pandemic. Unfortunately communication with the public hasn't been great as there was no word that they were shut down last year and that led to a number of rumors about them being out of business at NAMM. I can't tell you how many texts I got about it while at the show from people!

I got a message from them in late spring/early summer saying they were once again allowed to operate under NY guidelines, and they sent me a shipment of my sticks right away.
Since then I haven't had much communications, I've reached out a couple times via Email with no reply, but that isn't all that uncommon.
If I REALLY need to get in touch for something, like running out of sticks, I normally just pickup the phone and never have any issues. I encourage anyone trying to get in touch to do the same, call them.
Distribution was scalled back a few years ago and they began selling direct. If you can't find them in the local drum shop, give them a call and see if they can help you out directly.

If it is indeed the case that you can buy direct, which I'm having doubts about, there are only less than a handful of models to choose from. Also, for them not to have contact with their dealers/customers is very bad business. No email responses. No one picks up the phone. Facebook page seems "empty" with no "meat". No updates anywhere... Very sad. I found a Regal Tip stick over 20 years ago and never strayed from it. However, over the last couple of years, it's been harder and harder to find the stick and now completely gone.

If it is indeed the case that you can buy direct, which I'm having doubts about, there are only less than a handful of models to choose from. Also, for them not to have contact with their dealers/customers is very bad business. No email responses. No one picks up the phone. Facebook page seems "empty" with no "meat". No updates anywhere... Very sad. I found a Regal Tip stick over 20 years ago and never strayed from it. However, over the last couple of years, it's been harder and harder to find the stick and now completely gone.

Quality of product is moot if it's an inconvenience to source (if not near impossible at this point) so I can relate.

The other day I saw someone on a Drummer FB group trying to locate a particular RT model. Many of the responses were the same old rumor mill of them being out.
However, Carol Calato comment on the gentleman's and asked him to contact her directly. So they're ya go. Need RT sticks? call them.

"There you go? Call them?" I've been calling......I've sent emails. No one picks up and no one replies to emails.... It would be interesting to know if Carol fills this gentleman's request. On the website, as I said, there are less than a handful of models to choose from. I'd doubt the model he wants is available. I know the model I've used for 20 years is "out of stock" and it has been for 2+ years now.
Look.... I don't mean disrespect. Even you said the following, though...
"I got a message from them in late spring/early summer saying they were once again allowed to operate under NY guidelines, and they sent me a shipment of my sticks right away.
Since then I haven't had much communications, I've reached out a couple times via Email with no reply, but that isn't all that uncommon. "

None of the local music/drum shops in my area have any information about Calato or Direct Music Supply.

Anyway, I mean to disrespect, as I said. Nor am I trying to "start" anything. I'm merely voicing my frustration, as many people are, with this company.

P.S.... I'll try calling again and post my findings....

"There you go? Call them?" I've been calling......I've sent emails. No one picks up and no one replies to emails.... It would be interesting to know if Carol fills this gentleman's request. On the website, as I said, there are less than a handful of models to choose from. I'd doubt the model he wants is available. I know the model I've used for 20 years is "out of stock" and it has been for 2+ years now.
Look.... I don't mean disrespect. Even you said the following, though...
"I got a message from them in late spring/early summer saying they were once again allowed to operate under NY guidelines, and they sent me a shipment of my sticks right away.
Since then I haven't had much communications, I've reached out a couple times via Email with no reply, but that isn't all that uncommon. "

None of the local music/drum shops in my area have any information about Calato or Direct Music Supply.

Anyway, I mean to disrespect, as I said. Nor am I trying to "start" anything. I'm merely voicing my frustration, as many people are, with this company.

P.S.... I'll try calling again and post my findings....

If anything I find a compliment in your statements. You are saying you enjoy their product/products so much that you are going out of your way to find them despite the issues.

If anything I find a compliment in your statements. You are saying you enjoy their product/products so much that you are going out of your way to find them despite the issues.

Thank you for, what I consider, very kind words. Yes! I love Regal Tip Rock X sticks. I would love to get my hands on them again!

Last edited:
"There you go? Call them?" I've been calling......I've sent emails. No one picks up and no one replies to emails....

I was unaware that you did call them. I know Email replies can be sparse, but in the music industry that's common.
If you do call again let me know if they answer, if not, perhaps I'll call as see if I can find something out.

What's the latest status on RT?

I am back to gigging next weekend. Just went to order my RT sticks, and I can't find them anywhere on the planet. Ugh.

Back