K Sweets or HHX Complex Pack?

Pauly

Can’t decide on which one? I really had my heart set on The Meinl Mike Johnston Pack, but I didnt think they would sit very well for Country, Blues, and Classic Rock. Any suggestions? Im open to anything. Thanks in advance!

I've played HHX (Evolution) cymbals at length and own a set of K Sweets. I'd have to give the edge to the Zildjians. I play rock, blues, country, pop and R&B and the K Sweets work perfectly for all of those genres.

Check out this review:

I've played HHX (Evolution) cymbals at length and own a set of K Sweets. I'd have to give the edge to the Zildjians. I play rock, blues, country, pop and R&B and the K Sweets work perfectly for all of those genres.

Check out this review:

What sizes are you using?

What sizes are you using?
I play the 17-18-19 inch crashes and the 21 inch ride. I'll add the 20" crash eventually, and probably the 16" too. I went with the 16" hi-hats and am super glad that I did. They're lovely cymbals.

I play the 17-18-19 inch crashes and the 21 inch ride. I'll add the 20" crash eventually, and probably the 16" too. I went with the 16" hi-hats and am super glad that I did. They're lovely cymbals.
I was going to go with 15,17,19,21 pack. How is the 19”. Some videos spund good others it spunds kind of “clunky”?

I think the 19" is the best of the crashes, frankly. The 17" and 19" are a perfect pairing.

I shared my kit and crashes with another drummer at a show last year and got to hear the cymbals from the audience's perspective. They sounded utterly fantastic from that vantage point. It was a real treat to hear them that way.

I think the 19" is the best of the crashes, frankly. The 17" and 19" are a perfect pairing.

I shared my kit and crashes with another drummer at a show last year and got to hear the cymbals from the audience's perspective. They sounded utterly fantastic from that vantage point. It was a real treat to hear them that way.

I appreciate your help. I still cant get the dry, trashy sound out of my head, but wife even agrees she likes the sound of the sweets better than the Meinl pack

Can’t decide on which one? I really had my heart set on The Meinl Mike Johnston Pack, but I didnt think they would sit very well for Country, Blues, and Classic Rock. Any suggestions? Im open to anything. Thanks in advance!

If you're in the US, you go for Zildjian. If you're in Canada, you go Sabian.

If you go vice-versa, 20% of your money goes straight to the tax man rather than to the people that make your cymbal because a piece of bronze needs to cross an imaginary line.

If you're in the US, you go for Zildjian. If you're in Canada, you go Sabian.

If you go vice-versa, 20% of your money goes straight to the tax man rather than to the people that make your cymbal because a piece of bronze needs to cross an imaginary line.
I'm Canadian, FWIW ?

I really like the sound of the HHX Complex set I have. They are slightly dark but still have the highs but are not shrill.

The crashes work well together and the ride is really nice. I crash on it a bit, the bell sounds good though it's not really piercing. I play all kinds of different stuff in the garage and they seem to go well with it all so I'd say they are quite versatile.

I was glad to buy Canadian as well. I like supporting my fellow Canuckleheads. :)

HHX Complex Promotional set - 15005XCNP - SABIAN Cymbals

Get the Sabian's if they're your only set of cymbals, they cover a lot of ground. The Complex packs are a steal (at least in Europe) and for me, right now, the bigger set with the 15" hats is the only thing that could get me away from Paiste.

The K Sweet line are more versatile than the HHX Complex. I do admire the hammering of the Complex line, but I don't see it blending well in some genres.

A Customs but darker.... Meh... Good to know. in that case, I will continue to stay away from Zildjian. ?

A Customs but darker.... Meh... Good to know. in that case, I will continue to stay away from Zildjian. ?
Dang I’m sorry that don’t like Zildjian, but I hope you’ll find your sound in what you love.

Back