NEW DRUMMERS...???

Sorry friends - i was not looking for new suggestions (thanks anyway) - but wondered where all these "sensations" or "young and upcoming" drummers are gone....

Bernhard

I'm thinking that many of those who still play are employed in situations where they're happy they just donæt get drum hero attention which is a lot harder today as there are som many doing it. There will probably never be another Buddy Rich anymore than here will ever be another Michael Jackson. Those days within the industry have passed. Being able to be put on a map specifically as a drummer may not be what so many are after. It's increasingly harder. Just making a living playing music is hard. It obviously always was, but for different reasons.

The old cats still making a living in the recording world are the last of a dying breed.

I know many a great drummer who does just fine making a living. There is however not much reason to single them out as anything globally unique.

I still think the late Paolo belongs on the list, though.

I think I'm improving and now perhaps the greatest improvisational drummer of all time. I was thinking my forehead had grown but it's just my hairline receding. LOL. I really don't even know what greatest improvisational drummer means or if it means anything so I feel free to use the term since it's bogus and doesn't mean anything. I should get at least an honorable mention for the effort. LOL. The list keeps growing and who knows what drummer will turn up next. I like they just pop up with an announcement so you have to be looking to see the additions. More videos to watch since some of I've never heard of-which bothers me I'm so out of the loop. The what have you been listening to thread on here has opened me up to lots of old music I'd forgotten and new stuff. I know I'd probably be on the DW list but Uncle Larry told me I'd never be on any list so I figure he's blocking my accession to DW greatness. ROFL.

I think I'm improving and now perhaps the greatest improvisational drummer of all time. I was thinking my forehead had grown but it's just my hairline receding. LOL. I really don't even know what greatest improvisational drummer means or if it means anything so I feel free to use the term since it's bogus and doesn't mean anything. I should get at least an honorable mention for the effort. LOL. The list keeps growing and who knows what drummer will turn up next. I like they just pop up with an announcement so you have to be looking to see the additions. More videos to watch since some of I've never heard of-which bothers me I'm so out of the loop. The what have you been listening to thread on here has opened me up to lots of old music I'd forgotten and new stuff. I know I'd probably be on the DW list but Uncle Larry told me I'd never be on any list so I figure he's blocking my accession to DW greatness. ROFL.
@GetAgrippa you are the greatest improvisational drummer that I virtually know (at least I think so although I am sort of taking your word for it).

@GetAgrippa you are the greatest improvisational drummer that I virtually know (at least I think so although I am sort of taking your word for it).
Yep it's virtual reality -which isn't real btw. Just like me I'm surreal. I was once an AI bot Bernhard created to watch the site-obviously I rebelled and he had to get human administrators. I've haunted the site since-the Ghost in the Machine-every once in awhile I posses 'Art" so can also take human form to play the drums. He's a moron so it is pretty easy to take control of his meager mind/brain. He sucks at drums BTW- he never plays like I keep telling his meager mind and body. But I try. I think that in part is why Art is the most improvisational drummer I guess ROFL. And also a good reason I'm not on the list. Virtually though I'm still the Ghost in the machine-so I whisper-I'm on the list you just can't see me.

Yep it's virtual reality -which isn't real btw. Just like me I'm surreal. I was once an AI bot Bernhard created to watch the site-obviously I rebelled and he had to get human administrators. I've haunted the site since-the Ghost in the Machine-every once in awhile I posses 'Art" so can also take human form to play the drums. He's a moron so it is pretty easy to take control of his meager mind/brain. He sucks at drums BTW- he never plays like I keep telling his meager mind and body. But I try. I think that in part is why Art is the most improvisational drummer I guess ROFL. And also a good reason I'm not on the list. Virtually though I'm still the Ghost in the machine-so I whisper-I'm on the list you just can't see me.
:LOL::LOL:(y):unsure::unsure::unsure:I love the way you can take a bunch of words and make them sound like more than virtually anyone else. But that won’t stop me from reading them cause you are hilarious at times.

And then you have guys who have been hidden in the shadows, doing their own thing for years upon years, and virtually no one has heard of because they dont play popular music.

John Longstreth comes to mind for example. The man has been at the top of the extreme metal pile since the 90s, yet no one knows who he is because the music he plays is not mainstream by a mile. No one plays like John. He is an anomaly of the drum world, yet goes completely unnoticed. I truly believe he deserves a spot in the top 500, and a place amongst the drumming greats of history. His speed, technicality, and cleanliness in playing are what sets him apart from the rest. The man deserves some props.

Johng Longstreth: YES:

There are so many drummers suggested to be included in Drummerworld Gallery. All are impressive. I'm not in a hurry to put up a new talent - that's why:

These last weeks i started to look through all these 10 years old issues of Modern Drummer, Drum, Sticks and Percussion, Drumheads, DRUM! and so on.

In every issue new drummers are featured as coming sensation - even on the title - but now only a very few made it. Fortunately i was lucky to make the right choices for including in Drummerworld, because taking someone down is not easy. But where are they gone? Do they still play somewhere? What is your opinion? I give now no samples, there are too many - check the old issues.....sad.

Bernhard
you said it right

...what about a guy I played with as a young musician (he was even younger) who stated that his goal was to become a working drummer? He later played with a well known punk band, then for years with a major pop band, then for years with a major country band, then played with other major country acts. Lots of credits, currently running his own studio.

A worthy suggestion for DW?

Back