NEW DRUMMERS...???

Depends whom you believe... He says 120 Million records sold, officially the tally is around 70 million.
Either way, it's impressive, no doubt.

I was imaging the results of a duet with Zamfir. ;)

Don't knock Slim. He sold more records than the Beatles from the commercials I remember back in the 60's & 70's. Box Car Willie came in a close second to Slim.

Don't knock Slim. He sold more records than the Beatles from the commercials I remember back in the 60's & 70's. Box Car Willie came in a close second to Slim.

The RIAA has confirmed that from 1958 on forward, Slim Whitman did not sellas many records as Elvis and The Beatles.
Careful now!!!!!

Lol, that's stalker talk! Subscribed!

That's literally the entire basis for the illustrious new career of "influencer" - both a media and financial pedestal for pretty people doing interesting things.

That's literally the entire basis for the illustrious new career of "influencer" - both a media and financial pedestal for pretty people doing interesting things.
I have literally heard kids say they want to be social media influencers when they grow up. I dont think it works that way!

To stay on topic, can new drummers be influencers when we have Gadds, Vinnies, Smiths, Caplettes, et al.?

I have literally heard kids say they want to be social media influencers when they grow up. I dont think it works that way!

To stay on topic, can new drummers be influencers when we have Gadds, Vinnies, Smiths, Caplettes, et al.?

How is Caplette not in that influencer realm?

She's been on a couple tv shows - but her real method of reaching people is youtube and instagram. She barely has any recording or touring experience with other musicians.

She's been on a couple tv shows - but her real method of reaching people is youtube and instagram. She barely has any recording or touring experience with other musicians.
They all are. We all look to them for inspiration, technique, awe, etc. We determine who influences us regardless of career moves.

I'm saying some new kid deciding to be an influencer. You cant just decide to do that, people have to like you and want to be influenced by your stuff.

They all are. We all look to them for inspiration, technique, awe, etc. We determine who influences us regardless of career moves.

I'm saying some new kid deciding to be an influencer. You cant just decide to do that, people have to like you and want to be influenced by your stuff.

Got it - misuderstood your point!

I guess that’s why halls of fame are usually reserved for those who are late in career, at the earliest.

She plays in a couple of bands from what I've seen and heard.

There are so many drummers suggested to be included in Drummerworld Gallery. All are impressive. I'm not in a hurry to put up a new talent - that's why:

These last weeks i started to look through all these 10 years old issues of Modern Drummer, Drum, Sticks and Percussion, Drumheads, DRUM! and so on.

In every issue new drummers are featured as coming sensation - even on the title - but now only a very few made it. Fortunately i was lucky to make the right choices for including in Drummerworld, because taking someone down is not easy. But where are they gone? Do they still play somewhere? What is your opinion? I give now no samples, there are too many - check the old issues.....sad.

Bernhard
You are using excellent judgement, which is why DW is so fabulous. Not falling for the marketing hype used by periodicals in order to sell magazines is essential and your discretion (such as not giving examples) has proven to be the secret formula. As several others have responded, new sensations are almost always short lived.

DW seems above the Johnny come lately approach of YT and other sites which appear to have a different motive. Let such flash-in-the-pans be the fodder of the mags, IMHO you have been appropriately selective for all the right reasons. Better to exclude an unestablished drummer than have to take them down later for disappearing from the face of the earth.

You are using excellent judgement, which is why DW is so fabulous. Not falling for the marketing hype used by periodicals in order to sell magazines is essential and your discretion (such as not giving examples) has proven to be the secret formula. As several others have responded, new sensations are almost always short lived.

DW seems above the Johnny come lately approach of YT and other sites which appear to have a different motive. Let such flash-in-the-pans be the fodder of the mags, IMHO you have been appropriately selective for all the right reasons. Better to exclude an unestablished drummer than have to take them down later for disappearing from the face of the earth.
I'm flattered - thanks a lot SomeBadDrummer....Bernhard

And then you have guys who have been hidden in the shadows, doing their own thing for years upon years, and virtually no one has heard of because they dont play popular music.

John Longstreth comes to mind for example. The man has been at the top of the extreme metal pile since the 90s, yet no one knows who he is because the music he plays is not mainstream by a mile. No one plays like John. He is an anomaly of the drum world, yet goes completely unnoticed. I truly believe he deserves a spot in the top 500, and a place amongst the drumming greats of history. His speed, technicality, and cleanliness in playing are what sets him apart from the rest. The man deserves some props.

Deeeeeam!

Sorry friends - i was not looking for new suggestions (thanks anyway) - but wondered where all these "sensations" or "young and upcoming" drummers are gone....

Bernhard

Back