Sabian custom shop

lefty2

Platinum Member
I checked on relething a cym and this is sabians response.
Hi Mike.
Our 'Rework' program only offers for the cymbal to be cleaned and relogo'd, cut down past the crack (edge damage), add rivets at this time.
Regards,
TANYA

So it looks like they still offer some services from their custom shop other than making complete cymbals. I thought they might have done away with it all. I thought I'd pass this along.

Thanks, good to know. I also thought they had discontinued cymbal cleaning/relogo services. I've used them twice to cut down heavier Sabian cymbals and it was well worth the reasonable fee they charged.

Great, I was aware of it and was waiting for Covid to get better to send two cymbals for cleaning and logo, I will email Tania, thanks for posting it.

They no longer thin out cymbals. I had two done, then was told no more on the third. A darned shame. It was something That really set them apart
I'm a little bit disappointed but at least they're still doing the logo refresh. I know a lot of us including myself are pretty anal about the logos on our cymbals.

I'd be more excited, but they will only refresh with the new chicken scratch (unbound) logo.
Oh I don't like that. I assumed they would put the original logo back on as in my case it would be the cursive hand hammered.

Oh I don't like that. I assumed they would put the original logo back on as in my case it would be the cursive hand hammered.
It’ll be whatever is on the new series. If it’s cursive Hand Hammered on the new ones, than it’ll be the same.

Back