Zildjian K Sweet Pack

Holy moly this is right up my street, perfect sizes for a pack.
Any takers??

I saw this yesterday - really nice pack. I actually really like how that 17" crash sounds.

Last edited:
This is basically my exact setup (17-19-21) only I elected to go with the 16" hi-hats over the 15s. I also picked up the 18" crash. I bought mine individually since no packs were available when I started collecting them. No regrets - they're worth every penny.

I had the pleasure of hearing my cymbals from the audience's perspective a few months ago when I shared my kit with another drummer. They sounded incredible. Dark, shimmering, not too loud, not too soft - just right.

I encourage anybody who's even remotely interested in the K Sweets to check them out. They're super versatile. I haven't encountered a genre yet that they don't work for.

Last edited:
This is basically my exact setup (17-19-21) only I elected to go with the 16" hi-hats over the 15s. I also picked up the 18" crash. I bought mine individually since no packs were available when I started collecting them. No regrets - they're worth every penny.
Great setup man, I’m definitely going to check them out in person over the next few months. The crashes in particular sound beautiful.

Great setup man, I’m definitely going to check them out in person over the next few months. The crashes in particular sound beautiful.
Thanks! I bought my first K Sweet crash to spice up my regular K setup and loved it so much that I built up a separate collection of them.

They're probably the most versatile cymbals I've ever played. I'd bring them anywhere. (y)

Last edited:
I was going through some Stage Custom Hip Videos for a Ludwig Breakbeat thread, and came across one with a K-Sweet set with Crosstown hardware.

I might change my default "Set of Zildjian A's" recommendation to the K-Sweet pack.

Agree. The K Sweet ride is a favourite of mine, and the crashes are great too. I would personally prefer 14" hats, but as a set this is very hard to beat!

I had the pleasure of hearing my cymbals from the audience's perspective a few months ago when I shared my kit with another drummer. They sounded incredible. Dark, shimmering, not too loud, not too soft - just right.

I encourage anybody who's even remotely interested in the K Sweets to check them out. They're super versatile. I haven't encountered a genre yet that they don't work for.
When you heard your cymbals from the audience,were they miked ?

Holy moly this is right up my street, perfect sizes for a pack.
Any takers??

I recently bought a set of sweet K's to change my cymbal sound to start to expand into other styles of music ,first one being jazz. Got them from sweetwater ,got $225 off their list price nice !. 15" hats,21"ride,16&18" crashes. they have a very classy, middle of the road sound, I gig with a rock cover band and have not played out with them yet,so i dont have much feed back on them . They dont have the very hi energy sound that i am used to hearing from my Avedis zildjians have,but i am not a heavy hitter either. i am still getting used to the ride cym sound, a little darker than i am used to but it has alot more stick definition and alot of character. the 15" hats are great they have added a new color to my HH groove,only thing i find, i am hitting the edge of having larger hats with my left hand somtimes when going to my left 16" crash. I am trying different HH positions to correct it,but these hats sound awesome !! . the crashes are great they offer a classy sound compared to my other crashes and their bell sound giving me a lot more colors and stick definition. these are great Cymbals , But they might not be for everyone !! Good luck !

If I were buying a set of cymbals now, these would be it. Just may end up getting at some point anyway.

When you heard your cymbals from the audience,were they miked ?
Yes, with two overheads.

TMI perhaps but I used the restroom at one point which was at the back of the club and behind the stage, and the cymbals sounded even better from that vantage point. Can't tell you how happy that made me.

Yes, with two overheads.

TMI perhaps but I used the restroom at one point which was at the back of the club and behind the stage, and the cymbals sounded even better from that vantage point. Can't tell you how happy that made me.
I bet you felt better too. :ROFLMAO:

Here's a "family photo" of the K Sweets. The 20" crash will be the next one I buy. I'm interested in the 23" ride but I have a 24" Paiste 2002 already and it takes up a lot of room on smaller stages.

These were all purchased individually. I started with the 17" crash and was blown away by its versatility and how well it blended with my other K cymbals. Sizes pictured are 17-18-19 inch crashes, 21 inch ride and 16 inch hi-hats. LOVE the big hats!

K Sweet.jpg

Here's a "family photo" of the K Sweets. The 20" crash will be the next one I buy. I'm interested in the 23" ride but I have a 24" Paiste 2002 already and it takes up a lot of room on smaller stages.

These were all purchased individually. I started with the 17" crash and was blown away by its versatility and how well it blended with my other K cymbals. Sizes pictured are 17-18-19 inch crashes, 21 inch ride and 16 inch hi-hats. LOVE the big hats!

View attachment 96928

How do you like the 19" crash? I want a 19" main crash (have 18" K Custom Dark now) and wonder if it will blend in. My other crash is a 19" K Dark Thin.

How do you like the 19" crash? I want a 19" main crash (have 18" K Custom Dark now) and wonder if it will blend in. My other crash is a 19" K Dark Thin.
I love the 19" crash. It's probably one of my all-time favourites. It can play as softly as I want but gets nice and loud when I lay into it. Blends in perfectly with regular and Sweet K's too so it probably works with the entire K family.

Back