Well, well, well. For those who know me.

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
I haven't been on the forum much the last few years.
For those that remember me, I've used a deep bass drum for almost 30 years now.
20x26 was my main bass drum for almost the last 20 years. I've used 16" &18" deep 26's and 24's too.
I was always a supporter of the deeper shell, depending on how someone played, and if they wanted one.

Well, last week I ordered my first "new" 14x26 ever.
It'll be for my Red Sparkle Classic Maple kit.
I haven't even used a 14" deep bass drum since 1989!!
I have a 14x24 3ply Ludwig (got it in '79-'80) but it doesn't match anything, and it's actually taken apart ATM.

I'll post pics when I get it. It'll be a few weeks, but I'm pretty excited.
I've been using an 18x26 for a while now, and for some reason, that 18" depth has something missing.

Even with the 18x24 live, there seems to be a range of sound in the drum that gets lost, so time to do something different!

Hopefully, it'll live up to your expectations! I think it will...the 14" depth has such an immediate response and great low end at all volumes.

I haven't been on the forum much the last few years.
For those that remember me, I've used a deep bass drum for almost 30 years now.
20x26 was my main bass drum for almost the last 20 years. I've used 16" &18" deep 26's and 24's too.
I was always a supporter of the deeper shell, depending on how someone played, and if they wanted one.

Well, last week I ordered my first "new" 14x26 ever.
It'll be for my Red Sparkle Classic Maple kit.
I haven't even used a 14" deep bass drum since 1989!!
I have a 14x24 3ply Ludwig (got it in '79-'80) but it doesn't match anything, and it's actually taken apart ATM.

I'll post pics when I get it. It'll be a few weeks, but I'm pretty excited.
I've been using an 18x26 for a while now, and for some reason, that 18" depth has something missing.

Even with the 18x24 live, there seems to be a range of sound in the drum that gets lost, so time to do something different!

Seems like 14" is all the rage right now - at least on here.

You'll have to let us know how it works out for you.

Hope you enjoy it man! This week my first 14" deep kick arrives. Though only a 22, I've also wanted something different.

Congrats!

I've been using a 14x26 bass drum for nearly 3 years now and love it. Took a little getting used to because of the difference in air volume, but that taken care of I love the boom it provides. Enjoy.

Nice!!
I do the "cannon kick" method (22 diameter x 20 deep) and it gives me the best of both worlds. AND it allows me to use a standard drum bag!
Score!

Back