Preferred retailer?

arpic75

Who's your preferred retailer (online or brick & mortar) and why? I've come to like Musician's Friend as their customer service is top notch, but Sweetwater seems to have a lot more to choose from when it comes to drums and the ilk. Funny thing, the same company underwrites both site's credit cards and Musician's Friend is the same company as Guitar Center but the two don't actually mix.

I always go to Columbus Pro Percussion first. I have been a customer literally since day one b/c their first shop was at the bottom of my street. I lived in that place, and still do. It is still within a bike ride of where I teach, and we. get all of our stuff for the school percussion program there

I use Sweetwater for non drum stuff like sound reinforcement and stuff for school like music stands and that. We had a GREAT PA and recording store in town for 50 or so years, and they (sadly) died out when Guitar Center moved in to town and online took over.

We use Rettig music for our wind instrument supplies etc...

Who's your preferred retailer (online or brick & mortar) and why? I've come to like Musician's Friend as their customer service is top notch, but Sweetwater seems to have a lot more to choose from when it comes to drums and the ilk. Funny thing, the same company underwrites both site's credit cards and Musician's Friend is the same company as Guitar Center but the two don't actually mix.

Sweetwater has been awesome - just due to the nature of COVID - I've been buying a lot more online and they always have what I need and ship SUPER fast and take paypal, etc.

They're just a fantastic bunch and I'm typically not one to go with a larger company like that.

Also - my kiddos look forward to the treats that come in the bag :) haha

Locally it’s Badges Drum Shop in Cincy

online it’s sweetwater & reverb

Sweetwater is my first choice even though prices are lower elsewhere. The customer service from Sweetwater is exceptional. For hardware, I've found a new source. Arkansas Music Works. They have great prices, plenty of stock, and fast/free shipping. Music 123/Musicians Friend (basically the same) used to be my "go to", but SW and AMW have taken the lead. Here in town it's Arizona Drum Shop, although due to the "C" virus I've not been there in a long time.

In Baltimore my go to was Bill's Music in Catonsville and in DC Chuck Levin's Washington Music Exchange. Both great places with great staff ( caveat being, last time I was at either was 2008)

Look up Bain Capitol. They own everything. Then look up Synchrony Bank. They fund everything. It's not a coincidence.

Once GC came here, what few mom and pop stores we had disappeared. So GC for in person shopping for me. If I must order online, it's either best deal or who can get it here fastest, depending on my needs.

I haven't been to Arkansas Music Works yet. I'm a bit hesitant. It's an hour away which is not a big deal. It's also in Bentonville, which is where the Walmart home offices are. And their warehouses. And the worst traffic in the whole state.

Look up Bain Capitol. They own everything. Then look up Synchrony Bank. They fund everything. It's not a coincidence.

Once GC came here, what few mom and pop stores we had disappeared. So GC for in person shopping for me. If I must order online, it's either best deal or who can get it here fastest, depending on my needs.

I haven't been to Arkansas Music Works yet. I'm a bit hesitant. It's an hour away which is not a big deal. It's also in Bentonville, which is where the Walmart home offices are. And their warehouses. And the worst traffic in the whole state.

Our band played a New Years Eve Party at the Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville for Walmart Corporate a couple year ago - that was the most "Eyes Wide Shut" event I've ever been to.

Long & McQuade has been my go-to store since I bought my first set of drums there around 1985 with $500 worth of pennies I was given by my parents from the donut shop they owned at the time. In case you're wondering, $500 worth of pennies almost fills two 5-gallon pails, is pretty darn heavy, and takes a long time to roll.

Sweetwater has been awesome - just due to the nature of COVID - I've been buying a lot more online and they always have what I need and ship SUPER fast and take paypal, etc.

They're just a fantastic bunch and I'm typically not one to go with a larger company like that.

Also - my kiddos look forward to the treats that come in the bag :) haha

I've bought a few things from them online this year. Great inventory, good prices with quick shipping, and who doesn't like candy?

Funny how it all comes back around to the same things and people.

Funny as in "ha ha", or funny as in "this is absolutely terrifying, but I don't know what to do but laugh"? I'm guessing the latter.

Here in the UK my go to stores are Rattle&DrumMusic (Derby), Drumshack (London), Rockem Music (Rotherham), and GAK (Brighton) who all have online stores. Thomann in Germany do some great deals so I always browse their website too. (y) :)

Here in the UK my go to stores are Rattle&DrumMusic (Derby), Drumshack (London), Rockem Music (Rotherham), and GAK (Brighton) who all have online stores. Thomann in Germany do some great deals so I always browse their website too. (y) :)

So, all of them?

Our band played a New Years Eve Party at the Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville for Walmart Corporate a couple year ago - that was the most "Eyes Wide Shut" event I've ever been to.
Meaning all the money and development that is buried in little ol' Arkansas? Crystal Bridges is beautiful. The surrounding areas are as well. We just dont tell anyone.

Funny as in "ha ha", or funny as in "this is absolutely terrifying, but I don't know what to do but laugh"? I'm guessing the latter.
Yes, definitely the latter. Here's another one: Steve Mnuchin. You will see his name appear in numerous films as Executive Producer, as well as being the Treasury Secretary of the USA. Why, well because he is an investor, banker, and multiple hedge fund founder with lots of $$$. Its like the same handful of people control everything, and we live according to their will. I for one dont like it one bit.

Yes, definitely the latter. Here's another one: Steve Mnuchin. You will see his name appear in numerous films as Executive Producer, as well as being the Treasury Secretary of the USA. Why, well because he is an investor, banker, and multiple hedge fund founder with lots of $$$. Its like the same handful of people control everything, and we live according to their will. I for one dont like it one bit.

Yeah, now you're just making me angry... and I'm not even American!

Back