Yamaha FP9 Footboard

basset52

I'm considering buying a Yamaha FP9 single pedal. I can't find any info on how long the footboard is. I've checked threads on here and all the reviews online but can't find any info as such. I know its a bit longer that the "normal" shortboard size. I don't want a longboard pedal. The local shop doesn't have one in stock for me to view. For anyone one on here who has one or has had one and knows the measurement from the top of the footboard (chain) to where it joins the heel plate I would appreciate it.

I'm considering buying a Yamaha FP9 single pedal. I can't find any info on how long the footboard is. I've checked threads on here and all the reviews online but can't find any info as such. I know its a bit longer that the "normal" shortboard size. I don't want a longboard pedal. The local shop doesn't have one in stock for me to view. For anyone one on here who has one or has had one and knows the measurement from the top of the footboard (chain) to where it joins the heel plate I would appreciate it.

I’ve owned the pedal

and now I own a trick big Foot pedal.

I think it essentially splits the difference between traditional short board and longboard.
It’s a great pedal that regret selling

Last edited:
I’ve owned the debate.

I think it essentially splits the difference between traditional short board and longboard.
Thank you. Gives me something to work with. cheers

I’ve owned the debate.

As an after thought, did you have the direct drive model or chain drive model?

I’ve owned the pedal

Well I bought the chain drive FP9! You were spot on - it's length is midway between a shortboard and a longboard.

Yesterday I compared a friend's FP9 with my DW5000 and the overall size of the pedals is approximately the same, as well as the weight. The footboard of the FP9 is just a centimeter longer. Both shape and material of the FP9's footboard make it look bigger thsn it is imho.

Back