Guitar Center Shuts Down!

Everything where I live is closed pretty much. I was thinking of buying myself some new crash cymbals with my stimulus check but if all the drum stores are closed, I don’t feel comfortable ordering them online because I wanted to hear them first and make sure I get the ones I want. No new crashes for me until this is over, I guess.

For books, I recommend Abe Books. It's a coalition of privately owned booksellers. A great resource. Here's the results from a quick search.

$7 to your door via USPS.

Edit: make sure you don't order from someone overseas. It's easy to do 'cuz most of us just look at the price.

The GC here shut down last week. They're not all closed - just most.

From your link - "....In the few municipalities where government authorities have allowed our stores to remain open, we are adhering to all guidance of government authorities ...."

There's also a 'store finder' in your link to see if a store near you is open.

I'd rather just go get it. Then I can look at other stuff too, and don't have to wait.

Might have to order it now.

Everything where I live is closed pretty much. I was thinking of buying myself some new crash cymbals with my stimulus check but if all the drum stores are closed, I don’t feel comfortable ordering them online because I wanted to hear them first and make sure I get the ones I want. No new crashes for me until this is over, I guess.

I hoping those that are able use their stimulus checks for used gear. I have a bunch of stuff listed with a lot of 'watchers'. would love for them to just pull the trigger already! haha

I hoping those that are able use their stimulus checks for used gear. I have a bunch of stuff listed with a lot of 'watchers'. would love for them to just pull the trigger already! haha
Hmm. I have an e kit that I need to sell, but I haven't listed it anywhere yet. Maybe I should. Just in case someone wants to buy it with their corona cash.

My local GC is closed....

10 days into my "45 day return period"...on a used cymbal I just picked up.

*sigh*

Guess we all just have to do our part and suck it up...

I ordered a new cymbal from Zildjian last week and was lucky enough to receive it three days later. Music retailers and warehouses are closing up fast.

Hope you find a copy of Stick Control, my favorite practice book. Being without it is unimaginable.

For books, I recommend Abe Books. It's a coalition of privately owned booksellers. A great resource. Here's the results from a quick search.

$7 to your door via USPS.

Edit: make sure you don't order from someone overseas. It's easy to do 'cuz most of us just look at the price.

TIL Abeboooks sells musical education books.

I'm kind of glad they are 'not open' for business during the crisis. On the wrong day, usually on the weekends, I've found myself in auto mode, waking up, throwing on some jeans and a shirt, and driving to GC for some jam time on any one of their name brand kits setup on the floor in their drum department. I'm convinced I'm immune at this point, but I'm still treating this just as serious as if I wasn't. Part of my "recurring exposure" theory.

Are they posted on this site?? General Section, Classifieds.

...imagine shopping during this if you already don't do amazon.

What I have is good, what I have is enough... (repeat)

Back