Show us your Four Piece Kits.

I owned this briefly, but really liked it. Again, it was sold to afford my Gretsch round badge...

Attachments

• 1966 Slingerland Modern Jazz outfit.jpg
    1966 Slingerland Modern Jazz outfit.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 20
Here is one that I owned for many years, a shockingly clean 1964 Leedy set.

So, as you can see, I have a thing for four piece kits.

Attachments

• 1964 Leedy.jpg
    1964 Leedy.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 24
From earlier tonight at a New Year's gig.

vmwgx5D.jpg

Here's my 4 piece:

Stone Custom Drums - 3 Ply Cherry Shells made on the old Slingerland machines. 12 - 14 - 18 - 13 snare
Cymbals -Bosphorus - Full Ari Hoenig Lyric Line plus an 18 Gold Series EFX with a protoype 12" efx cymbal.
Gibraltar light weight and flat based hardware / G Class Pedal
Roc'N'Soc Throne
TNR Products - Booty Shakers and Little Booty Shakers (Gotta get the little one for rack toms on snare stands....amazing difference)
Evans Heads - I have a new set of UV1s coming in today / emad
Try Hard Customer Great Wave Head (I actually have a couple of these - some with holes - some without)

Other things that come off and on:
Cympads (You wouldn't think foam "felts" would make a huge difference - but they rock)
Snare Weight - M80 and M1 - I usually use those more when I'm getting into lower tunings
Drumgees - awesome for occasionally attaching things
Ching Ring - I think everyone useses these from time to time
Drum Dial - don't leave home without it (Mostly for backline adjustment on the fly)
Kick Port - when I need some punch for the hiphop stuff
Yamaha EAD10 - for my IG try hard videos...I really love that thing.

Ummmmmmmmmm - I think that's mostly it.

Things I want:
Cherry Hill Drums Hi Hat Clutch
Cymbal Resonant System
Low Boy Beater - Still not sure if I want straight wood or the Leather or Felt....I wish I could try one of each on MY kick instead of having to order three which I likely will.
Some kind of rug system - maybe one of those spider things - just something small that isn't a FULL ON RUG to travel with.

Attachments

• Jemez Ruins.jpg
    Jemez Ruins.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Film Recording.jpg
    Film Recording.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Meow Wolf.jpg
    Meow Wolf.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Symphony.jpg
    Symphony.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Ted X.jpg
    Ted X.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Totah Theater.jpg
    Totah Theater.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 37
Here's my 4 piece:

Stone Custom Drums - 3 Ply Cherry Shells made on the old Slingerland machines. 12 - 14 - 18 - 13 snare
Cymbals -Bosphorus - Full Ari Hoenig Lyric Line plus an 18 Gold Series EFX with a protoype 12" efx cymbal.
Gibraltar light weight and flat based hardware / G Class Pedal
Roc'N'Soc Throne
TNR Products - Booty Shakers and Little Booty Shakers (Gotta get the little one for rack toms on snare stands....amazing difference)
Evans Heads - I have a new set of UV1s coming in today / emad
Try Hard Customer Great Wave Head (I actually have a couple of these - some with holes - some without)

Other things that come off and on:
Cympads (You wouldn't think foam "felts" would make a huge difference - but they rock)
Snare Weight - M80 and M1 - I usually use those more when I'm getting into lower tunings
Drumgees - awesome for occasionally attaching things
Ching Ring - I think everyone useses these from time to time
Drum Dial - don't leave home without it (Mostly for backline adjustment on the fly)
Kick Port - when I need some punch for the hiphop stuff
Yamaha EAD10 - for my IG try hard videos...I really love that thing.

Ummmmmmmmmm - I think that's mostly it.

Things I want:
Cherry Hill Drums Hi Hat Clutch
Cymbal Resonant System
Low Boy Beater - Still not sure if I want straight wood or the Leather or Felt....I wish I could try one of each on MY kick instead of having to order three which I likely will.
Some kind of rug system - maybe one of those spider things - just something small that isn't a FULL ON RUG to travel with.

how are you like the g class pedal. I can't find to many in-depth reviews for it but i've been eyeing it

how are you like the g class pedal. I can't find to many in-depth reviews for it but i've been eyeing it

I mostly like it - feels good- I like how it looks alot.

However - it let me down in the worst way the first night of a tour last year. The spring broke where it connects to the bottom adjusting screw of the pedal.

Not the biggest deal - EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THE SPRING IS ENCLOSED. Luckily the guy that owned the theater SOMEHOW managed to make a new little bend at the bottom and attach it to the adjustment screw on the bottom...but the whole first song I had to do the floor tom as a bass drum thing in a panic.

Since then I travel with two pedals - but I haven't had a problem since.

I mostly like it - feels good- I like how it looks alot.

However - it let me down in the worst way the first night of a tour last year. The spring broke where it connects to the bottom adjusting screw of the pedal.

Not the biggest deal - EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THE SPRING IS ENCLOSED. Luckily the guy that owned the theater SOMEHOW managed to make a new little bend at the bottom and attach it to the adjustment screw on the bottom...but the whole first song I had to do the floor tom as a bass drum thing in a panic.

Since then I travel with two pedals - but I haven't had a problem since.

where you ever able to fix that spring afterwords? i love how it looks and since all my hardware is gibraltar including hi hat, i wanted to get a matching pedal

where you ever able to fix that spring afterwords? i love how it looks and since all my hardware is gibraltar including hi hat, i wanted to get a matching pedal

Well - like I mentioned - the venue owner managed to fix it - he basically took the bottom part of the spring that wasn't broked and bent it downward facing and looped it through the little eylelet on the adjustment screw thingy and it's been fine ever since.

I still remember that fleeting moment of panic hahaha...i had no idea what to do lol. lesson learned about backup gear!

Well - like I mentioned - the venue owner managed to fix it - he basically took the bottom part of the spring that wasn't broked and bent it downward facing and looped it through the little eylelet on the adjustment screw thingy and it's been fine ever since.

I still remember that fleeting moment of panic hahaha...i had no idea what to do lol. lesson learned about backup gear!

theres some cheap enough ones to try on reverb, ill grab one and report later

Back