Show us your Premier kits!!

Posting to a Premier thread is like sending out the proverbial 'message in a bottle' but I've enjoyed looking at the great kits in this thread and it takes me back to the day. To that end, here's my latest purchase. Last week, I found a set of used Genista's in my local Sam Ash. They are the newer models and this kit appears to be the maple version. 22x18 / 16x16 / 12x9 w/ 14x6 matching snare in Cherry Red Fade lacquer. They look like they were just taken out of the box except some slight damage to the badge on the snare and a little snare rash on the driver's side of the 12". They look and sound great! Loud, lively and punchy. I used to work at a music store in the 90's that was a Premier dealer and I fondly remember the APK's, XPK's and Genista's we had in the store, so I went ahead and brought these new ones into the fold. Here they are in my living room after being fitted with coated G2's on top and clear G1's on the bottom. I've got a couple of gigs this weekend, so I'll take them out and get some proper pics with the full rig and better lighting.
Those are some of the prettiest Genistas I have seen so far. Just a gorgeous kit.

The store where I worked was a Premier dealer, but carried the APK/XPK lines exclusively. But I still remember when our rep brought in some demo maple and birch Genistas and I was crazy about the maples. A while back I saw a set of maple Genistas in white marine pearl, my favorite color. I don't need another kit AT ALL, but some Genistas would be very tempting.

GeeDeeEmm

Those are some of the prettiest Genistas I have seen so far. Just a gorgeous kit.

Thank you, sir! I found myself smiling and feeling a bit nostalgic while playing them.

I don't need another kit AT ALL

Same here. Not a need for me either, but you never see these and I was able to do it on a gear swap and not take a financial hit. I was patient and waited while these sat at that store for quite some time. Once they came down to a certain range, I had to pull the trigger. Glad I did!

Not a fan of power toms, but that kit looks absolutely gorgeous! That fading ... wow!
It's a lovely finish. I wasn't sure about it when I picked them up. Now it's finished it just pops & I love it. The white BD Resonator really helps as well over the original black one :)

By God they’re gorgeous. I’ve never seen a set in Tobacco Sunburst Lacquer before.
This is the first one I have seen as well. Have to say that is one of their best. Just stunning to look at :)

It's a lovely finish. I wasn't sure about it when I picked them up. Now it's finished it just pops & I love it. The white BD Resonator really helps as well over the original black one :)
Agreed on the reso head. The reissue Genista came with either a white or black reso head depending on whether it was maple or birch. I can’t remember which was which, but I had a British Steel wrap one with the white head and it looked great. That was the kit that stopped me porting the front head too because I liked the “purity” of it.

The reissue Genista came with either a white or black reso head depending on whether it was maple or birch. I can’t remember which was which

Regarding the Genista reissues, I had read that the birch version came with the white BD reso head and the maple version came with the black one. I have two maple bass drums from this series and they both came with black reso Premier logo heads. Mine are in Cherry Red Fade, which fades to almost black on the reso side so a black reso looks nice. I agree that the white reso head looks great on those Tobacco Burst XPK's! One of the best finishes I've seen from that line!

Regarding the Genista reissues, I had read that the birch version came with the white BD reso head and the maple version came with the black one. I have two maple bass drums from this series and they both came with black reso Premier logo heads. Mine are in Cherry Red Fade, which fades to almost black on the reso side so a black reso looks nice. I agree that the white reso head looks great on those Tobacco Burst XPK's! One of the best finishes I've seen from that line!
Nice one. I was 99% sure that was the colour to wood match but but didn't want to mention it for fear of misleading. In hindsight I obviously remember mine was Birch as it also had the tom mounts drilled directly to the shells as opposed to the RIMs style ISO Mounts.

Agreed on the reso head. The reissue Genista came with either a white or black reso head depending on whether it was maple or birch. I can’t remember which was which, but I had a British Steel wrap one with the white head and it looked great. That was the kit that stopped me porting the front head too because I liked the “purity” of it.
Got one of those as well................. :oops:

IMG_0970 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
IMG_0975 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

Soon to be traded in for a more functional 20" bass drum kit. Cabrias with sparkle lacquer, the last year of Cabrias being made in England.

20200216_132957[1].jpg

These Taiwan reissues aren't bad. I was thinking of selling it and took the heads off to photo the bearing edges and shells. I was reminded that these are quality drums and worth more to me to keep than what I'd get for them. Plus, they look awesome.

Back