Just added: Josh Freese - drumming with Sting

Didn't really dig what he did on walking on the moon, but Josh is one of my favorite drummers period. I was first introduced to him with APC.

Too bad Stink’s music is god awful.

hard - HARD disagree.

Josh is a fantastic player - he's so ROCK - I had the hardest time picturing him playing with Sting until I actually saw them. So much energy - such great references to the original parts....he plays some of those VC beats so clean then turns around and just full on punk rocks some of the police tunes - it's awesome.

Seeing them again on upcoming tour - already got tickets!

(Oh also - super funny seeing Josh and Stewart Copeland at the premier of Sting's musical!)

sweet!!!

love his playing with APC and Brian Setzer...this should put some oompf back into Sting. i have not really been into Sting since the Brand New day era....maybe I will give it a listen

sweet!!!

love his playing with APC and Brian Setzer...this should put some oompf back into Sting. i have not really been into Sting since the Brand New day era....maybe I will give it a listen

I dont think with Vinnie it lacked oompf, but I get where you're coming from...Freese brings the oompf!

I dont think with Vinnie it lacked oompf, but I get where you're coming from...Freese brings the oompf!

oh...I agree for sure. Vinnie with Sting was EXACTLY what that needed. Freese comes from a different background so I think there will be some inherent style elements

hard - HARD disagree.

Josh is a fantastic player - he's so ROCK - I had the hardest time picturing him playing with Sting until I actually saw them. So much energy - such great references to the original parts....he plays some of those VC beats so clean then turns around and just full on punk rocks some of the police tunes - it's awesome!

No argument he is a fantastic player - but for me whats wrong with this is too much ROCK .
" Full on punk rocks some of the police tunes" ..... yep - and totally ruins the feel of them by doing so.
He's overplaying typical "rock " fills on typically sounding DW's (with next to no tuning intervals) and that just doesn't do it for these songs - unless 'average cover band version' was the vibe they were going for.......

No argument he is a fantastic player - but for me whats wrong with this is too much ROCK .
" Full on punk rocks some of the police tunes" ..... yep - and totally ruins the feel of them by doing so.
He's overplaying typical "rock " fills on typically sounding DW's (with next to no tuning intervals) and that just doesn't do it for these songs - unless 'average cover band version' was the vibe they were going for.......

I heard Sting describe this as his "Garage Band" - so I think that's right on the money actually.

I heard Sting describe this as his "Garage Band" - so I think that's right on the money actually.

that makes more sense...

and not that I don't think JF could ply some of the old stuff, but it would be an interesting interp of it

Back