INTERVIEWED HER

SINA IS WELL ON HER WAY......Its the story and the writing....i have a shot is all...i don't care...will just do my best...OK with u?????? or just give up???
anyone with 28 million hits on a song 2 yrs ago and growing is WELL ON HER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf???....lol...so many intelligent judgmental idiots out there...TY for yr kindness..I',m just trying to do something I want to do....TY rw

enuf bs...why do i need to be bothered by what i am doing ??? i'm out...don't need any comments YU ///wish u all well....rw

Oh I see what’s going on here. That’s cool. But like Walt Disney said, just do what you do without fanfare. If you love what you do, you’ll do it regardless who you’re doing it with. And we’ll all see it happen and take notice. But we can’t take notice until it happens. And since none of us have any pull with any publishers, telling us won’t help. Go get it done!

I can understand incomplete sentences, that mistake happens from time to time.
But taking the time and effort to post without providing a detailed narrative to your gotcha headline in all caps suggests a self serving interest.
If I'm wrong then I apologize. If I'm correct then I wish the Mods would reduce this behavior on Drummerworld - it's borderline spam.

I did the best crap ever last night. Thought everyone would like to know.

Rudy, you'd be a lot more believable if you could actually bloody spell. If all of what you've said is true, you must have a very, very patient editor. Quite simply? I don't believe you. Can you link to any of your work? Which University did you lecture at? Can you tell me what your novels are called?

Well Ruby you just joined yesterday and nothing about drumming but about publishing an article about "Her". Do you teach music or writing-sounds like writing with 6 novels? Seems an intentional psychological means to draw attention with "her" and then come on it reeks of troll being a new member and the first thing isn't about your drum kit or drumming experience but about this article you wrote-and about her/Sina which has been entertained on here before with the request she be added to DW register of drummers. Which without doubt she is popular on YouTube but I don't know how that translates into professional music circles. Usually we get posters who post their interview or magazine pics that are published not trying to publish-it may never get published.

I wrote an article about Hijokaiden once. It's in a book called 'Fight Your Own War':

It's a decent read if you're into that sort of thing. My article is a tiny, tiny part of the whole book.

In the spirit of shameless self-promotion.

I wrote an article about Hijokaiden once. It's in a book called 'Fight Your Own War':

It's a decent read if you're into that sort of thing. My article is a tiny, tiny part of the whole book.

In the spirit of shameless self-promotion.
Dang Duncan I've never heard of that before-just reading about it on a wiki-now you've peaked my interest. I've never been able to write a whole book to ever publish-it's different than peer-reviewed science article which are short. My kids have encourage me too. I started about 5-6 books, over the years, about various science topics and what not but I can't stay focused on one topic because it keeps morphing onto new topics while writing. I'd love to write a Human Anatomy and Physiology text book cause I spent half my education in each domain and publishing in each and I think I could bring things together for a big picture most text never give you-how to consolidate all the piece you learn about (generally text cover a system but never consolidate the systems). The only long text I've ever written is my dissertation which is incredibly long but I wrote it over a couple of years and meeting with my committee monthly kept me from getting off track. I get it honest my Dad was writing an EKG book for cardiologists he never finished either. All my daughters really write well-so thankfully took after their mother.

SINA IS WELL ON HER WAY......Its the story and the writing....i have a shot is all...i don't care...will just do my best...OK with u?????? or just give up???

Don't give up, just understand that magazines have criteria for their coverage. It's not (necessarily) their job to promote someone, they want to carry stories that will help sell magazines. That means the topics & people need to already be interesting enough to attract readers.

Sina is a good drummer and probably has potential. Maybe she has a great story. But she has to be more intriguing to capture the interest of publications, who must then determine if her story will help sell magazines. I just don't think she's 'there' yet.

Bermuda

Last edited:
Which without doubt she is popular on YouTube but I don't know how that translates into professional music circles.

It doesn't translate into traditional music circles, such as recording and performing with artists. But I've come to understand that YT drummers is a thing, kind of a subset of pro-level musicians that aren't really out there in the real world (recording and performing,) but a thing nonetheless. She might deserve coverage in the realm of YT drummers, but those drummers tend to be over the top, and not just 'normal' players. So it's hard to say if she'd stick out in that group, either.

Did Rudy create any interest here? A little I guess, I checked out the first minute of her video and I get it - she's a good player. But right now, she's just not a sensation.

Bermuda

It doesn't translate into traditional music circles, such as recording and performing with artists. But I've come to understand that YT drummers is a thing, kind of a subset of pro-level musicians that aren't really out there in the real world (recording and performing,) but a thing nonetheless. She might deserve coverage in the realm of YT drummers, but those drummers tend to be over the top, and not just 'normal' players. So it's hard to say if she'd stick out in that group, either.

Did Rudy create any interest here? A little I guess, I checked out the first minute of her video and I get it - she's a good player. But right now, she's just not a sensation.

Bermuda
Thanks Bermuda I thought as much but I wanted a pros perspective. As famous as Cooper is he's now at Georgia State University studying music technology and playing with the schools Marching, Rock, and Basketball bands. Of course drum magazines and drum companies would be interested in someone with such internet notoriety but that seems another phenomena separate from the music industry since it's a Wild West of YT having global exposure. Personally I don't understand how it works? I've seen some stellar talent with few subscribers and few hits on their videos the same or younger than Sina-just as good if not better. But they don't seem to promote themselves so is that the ticket-build subscribers-seems a constant meme on here for fly by drummers posting and wanting a "subscribe"? I don't "subscribe" to that myself LOL.

3O1x8Pe.png

Back