Reaction YouTube Videos

danondrums

These have to be the worst kind of click bait.
Watch some random human being react to someone's favorite band or artist in their first (supposedly) exposure to said artist...
I think I'll record my reaction to a reaction video. Would someone be willing to record their reaction to my reaction to a reaction to a jazz drummers reaction to a Matt Garstka video?

There are a ton of 'em, sure, and there are only so many you can watch before you get bored (and for you I guess that number is between zero and one). But I like the idea and I've really enjoyed the hell out of several of them, when you have a reviewer who's well-versed in one genre trying something from a totally different genre for the initial time: that burst of excitement they get when they're hearing some masterpiece that's new to them, and remembering how it felt myself...I dig it.
I've probably only watched a dozen or so and literally a year or more will go by when I don't watch any, but I find them pleasant little diversions now and then. I'd much rather watch them than unboxing videos—there's a thing others love that I just don't get.

I'd be happy to record a reaction to your reaction.

Then, we could get Matt Garstka to react to my reaction...then just keep it going.

Whomever breaks the cycle will have bad luck for 12 years.

If you can't be part of the solution one might as well be part of the problem. :)

There are some reaction videos I would watch...
I can't think of any super intriguing ones off the top of my head but it might be hilarious to watch Virgil Donati's reaction (after some truth serum) to that drum solo video of Mangini with Dream Theater floating around. And then Portnoy could to the reaction to the reaction video, and so on...

Unboxing videos are also an enigma but at least they're not super click-baity.

My son tells me there are videos of kids playing video games. So people watch others play video games on YT. I don't get it, but if I were young, I'd probably be doing it too. Brave new world.

Actually, the biggest YT-star in the world (PewDiePie) basically got famous with playing video games while commenting on those games..

I never saw even a second from him, which is something i will keep that way, but the guy was on the national news broadcast a few weeks ago, because he seems to be the first YT guy who reached 100 million subscribers..

And all of those he got with crap like that..

Actually, the biggest YT-star in the world (PewDiePie) basically got famous with playing video games while commenting on those games..

I never saw even a second from him, which is something i will keep that way, but the guy was on the national news broadcast a few weeks ago, because he seems to be the first YT guy who reached 100 million subscribers..

And all of those he got with crap like that..

To be far he is actually playing the game. And while his reactions are over the top, they are based in reality on what you may think while playing.

I like the Lost in Vegas guys and see what they post every so often.

My son tells me there are videos of kids playing video games. So people watch others play video games on YT. I don't get it, but if I were young, I'd probably be doing it too. Brave new world.

I watch some of these, but they are usually with old video games. I like watching people do speed runs on old Nintendo games that I used to play, and I really enjoy long-play videos of arcade games I used to play as a kid as well. It's amazing to watch people actually beat an arcade game that I was terrible at. With both of these there is no commentary though. Those videos of these youtubers who play Minecraft and other games who are so freakin' loud drive me insane. My kids watch these at full volume and it drives me nuts.

I used to think my kids watching Caillou was annoying. Well, I'll take Caillou over ANY Youtuber they watch.

I hear tell people even watch videos of other people having sex. I guess I've always been one of those people who likes to do something himself rather than watching others do it. I get all analytical of their technique, video quality, etc so takes any joy from watching any video LOL. It's like being a movie critic.

I never saw even a second from him, which is something i will keep that way, but the guy was on the national news broadcast a few weeks ago, because he seems to be the first YT guy who reached 100 million subscribers...

And all of those he got with crap like that...

Wait a minute, are you really in a position to criticize this youtuber, or maaaaaaaybe not that much...?

Lol...

I hear tell people even watch videos of other people having sex. I guess I've always been one of those people who likes to do something himself rather than watching others do it. I get all analytical of their technique, video quality, etc so takes any joy from watching any video LOL. It's like being a movie critic.

But at least the music is pretty good sometimes.

Yeah, I call BS on a lot of those. Like one guy who was hearing a slipknot song for the first time. "Dude...they've been out since '99 and you've never heard ONE song? Even radio plays some of their stuff!!"

Now, 100% hip hop guys hearing a Rush song? I'll buy that for a dollar.

I haven't listened to the radio in about ten years I think. So I probably have missed a lot.

Yeah, I call BS on a lot of those. Like one guy who was hearing a slipknot song for the first time. "Dude...they've been out since '99 and you've never heard ONE song? Even radio plays some of their stuff!!"

Now, 100% hip hop guys hearing a Rush song? I'll buy that for a dollar.
Hmmm....I don't know about that....lol...

You could play me 100 metal\screamo\death metal\flavor of the week "metal" songs...

I couldn't tell you one song title or know one band from another no matter what year they started. They only way I hear anything like that is by accident...lol.

No way, no how...

And what's this "radio" thing you speak of?

Lol

..Wait a minute, are you really in a position to criticize this youtuber, or maaaaaaaybe not that much...?

Completely not and i will be the first one to admit that i, myself, have completely NO TALENT AT ALL to play video games while giving stupid comments about them..?

And, fair is fair, the guy deserves some credit for getting more than 100 million subscribers with that..

..I used to think my kids watching Caillou was annoying. Well, I'll take Caillou over ANY Youtuber they watch.

If you suffered (I mean, sat through) Caillou as I did, then maybe you'll appreciate this "youtuber" that "exposes" (well, makes fun of) Caillou in this little video.
There is some profanity, and it takes about 2 minutes before he gets into it, but man I thought this was hilarious.

(He "exposes" all kinds of annoying shows from the past/present, although the Caillou really struck me especially funny).
YMMV.

T.

To be far he is actually playing the game. And while his reactions are over the top, they are based in reality on what you may think while playing.

I like the Lost in Vegas guys and see what they post every so often.
Also never heard of those guys, because i use YT only for checking out music, literally nothing else..

Theirs is actually a quality reaction channel. They're really more than that, with far deeper insight and commentary than most.

. . . . . when you have a reviewer who's well-versed in one genre trying something from a totally different genre for the initial time: that burst of excitement they get when they're hearing some masterpiece that's new to them, and remembering how it felt myself...I dig it.

Well said, this is exactly what I get out of watching the Lost in Vegas guys.

Last edited:
Back