Todd Sucherman here!

Thanks for the kind words, Trip!

It’s late and I’m pretty cashed but from memory…

6” AA splash
8”AAX Splash
10” AA Splash
17” AAX V crash
19” HHX Legacy crash
20” Artisan crash
22” HHX Legacy crash
14” Artisan hats
14” HHX Evolution hats (closed)
19” Paragon China
21” Prototype Chona
22” Todd Sucherman ride, photo, not in catalog but available.

Ikea hasn’t made those racks for years. I hired a carpenter to make me 5 more and it was 10 times as expensive as the original ones!

Thanks again!
Cheers from Palm Springs-
TS

OOOO your 22" signature ride - I assume some meld of the Precision/HH/Liquid Ride variety? It does have a nice clear bell and controlled sound - I like!

Mark Love at Sabian knows what it is. It has some HH hammering but maybe an HHX or AAX profile with a raw bell. It does EVERYTHING well, and that's kind of an anomaly in a ride cymbal.

Todd, you are so awesome...love how much power you get out of traditional grip on those Styx shows! Your power and left-hand technique rivals even "The Man" Vinnie Colaiuta...though I'm sure you'd humbly disagree. ;)

Regardless, you are undoubtedly one of the modern giants of drumming, technically AND musically (the latter naturally being much more important) - no flattery intended! - and moreover, I really appreciate how open you are to communicating with everyone here. :)

Cheers!
Allen

Thanks for your kind words, Allen! They are appreciated indeed. It may interest you that I have a special project with Drumeo that launches in January, so keep an eye out.

Happy new year you all you guys out there-
TS

Thanks, Andy!

Well, here it is. I worked most of 2018 on this and in a partnership wit Drumeo, here is the 26 week Rock Drumming Masterclass. Hope you guys check this out and go on a 6 mont trip with me. Here's to big things in your playing in 2019-
TS

Drumeo.com/rock

Thanks, Andy!

Well, here it is. I worked most of 2018 on this and in a partnership wit Drumeo, here is the 26 week Rock Drumming Masterclass. Hope you guys check this out and go on a 6 mont trip with me. Here's to big things in your playing in 2019-
TS

Drumeo.com/rock

I'm signed up, looking forward to it.

Todd, I just came across your Drumeo Rock drumming videos on Youtube. Thanks for making these in such a lucid and entertaining way.
I enjoyed learning your approach to playing with dynamics in the recording studio and your single handed hi hat technique.

I also felt that the Ringo Starr drumming and music career perspective video was an eye opener for a lot of folks and a fitting tribute to his contribution to the music world. Refreshing to see a top pro giving genuine credit to other pro's in the same same line of work.

PS I've purchased your Methods & mechanics DVD and companion instruction book. Whew... good thing I recently retired from my day gig!

Last edited:
Todd, Your lessons on Drumeo completely changed the way I play the hi hat. The shank-tip method. I heard it explained elsewhere but not like you explain it. There's also something about conceptualizing it as an in and out or sawing motion that really helped to tighten up my kick timing.

Thank you for the help!

P.S. You shamed me into learning it when you said it separated the men from the boys. ?

Hi Todd, quick anorak question if I may, I've seen in a few clinic videos, a stack in place of your x-hats that looks like an O-zone splash over a mini China, can you give us any more information on it? It's probably the most musical sounding stack I've ever heard.

From across the pond, Dan.

Great show with Gowan tonight in Toronto.

Gowan’s initial introduction after long bios for all the other band members: “oh yeah, we have a drummer too.” Nice.

Gowan also did a Neil Pearl tribute (a bit of Limelight for piano and vox) which was sweet for the hometown crowd.

Drum solo about 8 minutes long and very cool all the way! Heard a couple of non-drummers raving about it in the crowd on the way out, which isn’t something you hear every day.

(Got a surprisingly good recording of most of it on a basic memo app through their ear-bleeding-loud PA.)

Great show with Gowan tonight in Toronto.

Gowan’s initial introduction after long bios for all the other band members: “oh yeah, we have a drummer too.” Nice.

Gowan also did a Neil Pearl tribute (a bit of Limelight for piano and vox) which was sweet for the hometown crowd.

Drum solo about 8 minutes long and very cool all the way! Heard a couple of non-drummers raving about it in the crowd on the way out, which isn’t something you hear every day.

(Got a surprisingly good recording of most of it on a basic memo app through their ear-bleeding-loud PA.)

Interesting. My sister got to see them setup for a gig in New Orleans this past weekend. She said she's going to send me this signed photo:

o9W43Qu.jpg

I think I'm getting a pair of used sticks as well, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Todd,

I hope this message finds you and your family doing well. I wanted to inquire about the source of the shelves you employ to store and display your incredible and beautiful collection of snare drums. They are seemingly built for that purpose.

Respectfully,

Phil

Dear Mr. Sucherman,
My band is trying to revive the sound of the 70s and especially the Prog and Psychedelic era. Any advice on how to write?

Hello Todd,

I‘m a big fan of your work with Styx and so many other musicians. Recently I have been listening to the Finally George album “Icy Skies.“ Awesome stuff. For the song “Long Way Home“ do you remember which hi hats you used for the recording? For some reason the sloshy sound of the open hi hat sounds so good! I can’t stop listening to it! Take care and thank you for being a good influence on me as a drummer and human being. Cheers.

Back