Can we have a "Hall of Fame" section?

I don't get that feeling. More of a convenience, like the Readers Digest condensed version of Drummerworld.

As far as criteria, that's highly subjective. But you will have your run away classics that everybody agrees on.

One thing we can do, is try and remember the classic threads.

Groove vs Chops, the holy grail of classic threads
The cape thread
Anything with Sticks4
PEWFLACC
The whole badge fiasco
The tom angles thread always gets my vote
Some stuff of yore featuring Matt Smith is priceless
When Pollyanna (Anon) had enough and left for a bit in 2010 I think it was
The thread where Pollyanna says she recorded the daily temperatures in Sydney for like 15 years straight. What a nut!

Oh, for crying out loud am I ever slow on the uptake in my "autumn years" of life - Anon is Pollyanna??!!!

Yeah, I went away for years myself, and don't post all that much, but sheesh!! Just unscramble the letters...

Oh, for crying out loud am I ever slow on the uptake in my "autumn years" of life - Anon is Pollyanna??!!!

Yeah, I went away for years myself, and don't post all that much, but sheesh!! Just unscramble the letters...

Totally forgivable. Also, bacteriumfendyoke (Duncan) used to be mediocrefunkybeat. He got banned and later snuck back in under a truly thinly veiled re-arranged screen name. He got banned a few times, but it's more like a time out for him lol. I forget who did it first, rearranging the letters, I want to say Duncan. Pollyanna changed to Anon La Ply right at her 9,999th post. Just to tweak our collective nipple. We had this big thing planned to celebrate her 10,000th post. Then she went ahead and started all over with a new name that little stinker. She has quite the unique insight. I was lucky enough to hang with her...and Duncan, Andy, Henri, David Floegal, Madge, and Ben Turk in London.

I remember mediocrefunkybeat; yes, I have to agree with your description - "thinly veiled rearranging. :) I don't recall any "ban-worthy" posts from him, but as I said before, I took a long hiatus from the forum.

That sounds like a great hang out in London, you and the others.

I remember mediocrefunkybeat; yes, I have to agree with your description - "thinly veiled rearranging. :) I don't recall any "ban-worthy" posts from him, but as I said before, I took a long hiatus from the forum.

That sounds like a great hang out in London, you and the others.

Dunc goes way back to 2005 I think. He had a reputation before I found this place in 2008. I really enjoyed his company during my short stay, he was very helpful in explaining things to me. He was the last one I saw, everybody else had left. That trip was surreal for me, like a dream almost. I had fish and chips in a real English pub with all these great people. The Tower of London was badass. I can't believe how tough those people were then. I'm not worthy!

Then I come back home to find that one of the drummer celebs at the LDS... who had thousands of people waiting in line to see him....Gerald Heyward...yea, he works at my local GC and I literally can go and hang with him whenever he's there. But I don't. I could though. :) I've seen him sell drum sets to people who have no idea who he is. He's very humble and shrugs off any celeb stuff. Knowledgeable too, and really worked hard for me trying to find something.

Let's not forget the recent P-85 discussions. As well as the "Anyone ever pull a gun at practice?" thread.

P.S. Where the heck is Aydee?

Why not just have every response ever posted by Pollyanna as a sticky - pretty much covers everything. I miss her :(

Good idea Andy :)

Lets face it, who else had no less than 4 threads talking about a specific forum member here?

Yes, that's right, that's the Mighty Pollyanna :)

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63614&highlight=Pollyanna&page=2

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56927&highlight=Pollyanna&page=2

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80279&highlight=Pollyanna

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90538&page=9

Good idea Andy :)

Lets face it, who else had no less than 4 threads talking about a specific forum member here?

Yes, that's right, that's the Mighty Pollyanna :)
A true legend in her own bath time for sure ;)

P.S. Where the heck is Aydee?
Yet another talented rascal I miss :(

I was lucky enough to hang with her...and Duncan, Andy, Henri, David Floegal, Madge, and Ben Turk in London.
We were lucky enough to hang with you Larry. Just wish I had more time. Something I hope to make up for soon :)

Larry, meeting everybody - yourself definitely included - was a real highlight of 2013 for me. As exhausted as I was by the end of it, it was definitely worth it from my part and as somebody that had a lot more investment in it (you did come from the US for crying out loud) I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

I've been here since 2004 and been involved in just about every forum war. For the record, Pollyanna was the first to re-arrange and I followed shortly after like the sheep I am...

How about the threads where I posted my music. How can you forget that?
Certainly Hall of Fame worthy. Not.

I thought the two-minute Challenge was a Hall of Famer.

There was an editor contributor on Wikipedia, the first to greet me and we soon became friends, who passed and they preserved his talk page and dedicated an article to him. Not a bad idea to perhaps have memorials to forum contributors who have passed-sounds a bit morbid I know or just Hall of Fame threads from those who have passed. Perhaps too morose?

I think some of MAD's illustrations would definitely have to be included!

And the whole Shemp debacle when I posted my singing vid back when I was just plain old MaryO...lol.

Ahhhh...memories.

Last edited:
Back