electronic drum kit help

1. R

Is it me? Yamaha DTX 562K & RHH135

I play a Yamaha DTX 562K - this is the kit with the "real" hi-hat stand and RHH135 hi-hat cymbal. I got this one because of bad luck with the hi-hat pedals that are with most electronic kits. I have read pretty much everything I could find on this blog and others about how to make it respond as...
  2. C

Can I use 2 modules through one MIDI in on my Steinberg UR22?

Hi guys, I was after some advice. I use a Roland TD4KP to record through a Steinberg UR22 and Ableton Live / Superior Drummer. I was looking to get either a second hand TD12KV or a new DM10 MKII Pro Kit. I wanted to know if it was possible to use both my TD4 and the TD12 / DM10 through the...
  3. K

Recommendation for "quiet" drums

I'm fairly new to drumming. I had a Pearl Export set, but moved out of my house and gave them away. I'd still like to drum, but I now live in a house without a basement and with neighbors beside and behind me. I'd rather not disturb them when I play. I've been looking into electronic drum...
  4. G

Looking to invest in an E-drum kit

Ok, I know this has been talked about before, but I am looking into getting an electronic drum kit. It is for the usual reasons, I just moved into an apartment where an acoustic set would drive the neighbors nuts, I need something quieter. This will be for practice mostly and playing with a...
  5. J

Good Affordable E-Drums?

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if I'm say or do anything wrong. Anyway, I've been playing an acoustic set since I've started playing, but recently that's not an option anymore since I moved and an acoustic set would be too noisy. So I'm converting over to the...
  6. G

Roland TD 11 Software/Expansion

Can someone please shed some light for me. Last year I bought my other half the TD 11 kit, i'd like to get him the software that allows him to have new sounds etc. but I am completely clueless and have no knowledge of where/what to get. I'd rather not ask him as it's for his Christmas. He...
  7. T

E-Drum Amp, Speaker advice

Hi, I recently got myself an electrionic drumset . Needless to say I am a newbie when it comes to playing an e-drum kit. Currently I use a set of headphones as the output and I am looking for advice on what kind of drum amp, PA system, speakers etc would be best to go with if i want to play the...
  8. C

Suggestions and advice on an electric kit for my situation.

Hey, I am a functional drummer, not good, but capable of playing. I need to keep practicing in order to do more gigging (SP?) in a few months. I need an electric kit for practice purposes so that I can be quieter due to my location. My budget is up to a thousand dollars, but I don't know if...
  9. M

Headphones for Yamaha DTX

I got DTX560K kit, but I guess my headphones aren't good enough for this kit. I tried both Sennheiser PC 350 and JVC HAFX1X. The sound is never great, but sometimes it crackles, which makes it unbearable. Crackling happens whenever I play drums while feeding a song through AUX IN. What...
  10. M

Creating a homemade travel/practice/electronic kit

I'm off to uni next year, and unfortunately can't take my beloved kit with me. I've been looking at mesh-head kits and electronic kits and can't seem to find anything decent for a reasonable price. I've decided to use an old kit (the CB I first started with) that isn't really worth anything to...
  11. P

Can't decide on which kit...

Alright I have seen numerous post about people looking for their first edrums. I have been drumming for around 12 years off and on. I don't not have a acoustic kit at the moment but looking into getting an electric drum set. I have around $1200 USD to spend on a solid kit which includes...
  12. T

Buying electronic drum Help

Hello all. I'm heading to college and looking for an electronic kit because my acoustic kit would be too loud. I have never owned an electronic kit but I've tried some of the rolands at my local guitar center and really like the mesh heads that they have. Unfortunately those kits aren't in my...
  13. F

Electronic Drum Kit to fit my needs.

Hey guys, I've been a long time viewer of dummerworld for opinions and instructional topics, but decided its about time to make my first post. So, as the title says, I'm looking into an electronic drum kit, but there is so much information about the general specifications, and no the specifics...
Back