bass drum and technique

1. I

Foot technique

I suck at hitting the bassdrum i feel like theres anconstant struggle between space with my right hand and left foot (lefty). Even without my right hand playing the snare my left foot just sucks. I don’t know how to get it better. There are times where i ‘feel’ it but mostly in my last practice...
  2. Kappy

Foot Pedal :: Too Painful

Hey, everyone! I have a quick question: I've got a Tama kit and when I play my foot tends to get serious pain in the tibia's ankle joint area after 5min straight playing and I cannot figure out what it is. Is it the angle of the pedal? Seat posture? Foot posture? Don't know! I've been...
  3. M

Double bass hits are too hard.

Hi, I have this problem and wonder if anyone else are experiencing and/ or have a solution to my problem. I have played double bass for about six year now, and for the past 2 years I've been stuck on 16th notes on about 200bpm. Up until recently I have just thought that haven't practiced...
  4. F

FAST Single Bass Technique

I*have spent considerable time practicing my bass drum singles and I've hit a major obstacle in my playing: despite my efforts I am unable to pass a tempo of about 130-140 while playing 8th notes. I've heard of the same thing happening to others at around the same tempo, and many said you need...
  5. S

Undrilled 22" Bass

Does anyone know any brands that do a 22" undrilled bass? I've had a look but unless you get one custom made (which isn't an option, unfortunately) I'm not finding anything. Cheers, SSA.
  6. F

Heel up technique

Ive been having trouble with bass drum technique for the past few months, and it is making me so annoyed, and at times it makes me not want to play anymore. Anyways I want to fix it but I just can't. There is so many various techniques for heel up and I don't know which one to pick, and within...
  7. F

Bass drum technique help

I have been struggling with my bass drum for a while, and I still can't get it right. Lately I have been using a technique that is a combination of slide technique and heel toe, I use heel toe for fast doubles and slide technique for the rest. But my slide technique needs some serious work and...
  8. Tim Waterson

Footcam for bass drum techniques FAQ

did this in the hotel room while we are on tour Hope this helps Tim http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bma-RxtdjLc
  9. M

Free Bass Drum Lessons!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm posting free bass drum technique lessons on my Youtube channel. The lessons are meant to be followed in order. But, if you choose to go out of order I think you will still get a lot out of it. I have three posted so far and will try to upload one per...
  10. mikeveny

Your Bass Drum Technique

I have begun writing an article series on base drum technique on my site. Check them out here and let me know what you think.
  11. T

Issues with the base drum foot

So for the past few months, and I dont remember exactly when it happened, i have been having troubles with my bass drum foot. It sounds weird i know but its like when I hit the bass drum (heel up) my foot wants to continue pushing down as my leg is trying to lift back up for the next hit. This...
Back