electronic drum kits

1. T

Electric drums

I have a couple of question regarding electric drums. I’d really appreciate it if any of you guys could take some time to answer my questions. I have the Roland td17 kvx . 1) I’m really bad at describing drum sounds. For instance I need a sound kind of like Matt McGuire’s snaredrum and hihat...
  2. C

Kit for playing with Superior Drummer2.0

Hi all, I am after some advice. I currently have a Roland TD4KP and I am looking to purchase something bigger and better. I was looking at the DM10 X Mesh Kit, as it has plenty of inputs and a lot of pads as standard. I'm not sure if it is still available, but it's cheaper than the DM10 MKII...
  3. T

Electronic Drum kit (beginner)

Hi. Okay, so I didn't renew my gym membership which means I have some extra cash to finally buy an electronic drum kit (after one month of air playing). I need to get one rather than just letting the weeks slip by. I want to order one within the next 24 hours if possible. $450 max budget...
  4. C

my e-drum plan - recommendations please

Hello, I decided that I am going to build an hybrid drum. I have a 5 piece Mapex Tornado drum kit. I will switch the heads with Roland Powerply mesh heads. Then, I will insert Roland rt-30 triggers. I have a Yamaha dtxplorer IV e-drum kit and I plan to use the 2 cymbals and the module from that...
  5. A

Triggers or e-kit for college dorm?

Instead of going out and buying an electronic kit (I already have a Pearl acoustic), would it be possible to mute the crap out of all the drums and cymbals (maybe use mesh heads if necessary) and use drum triggers? It'd be a lot cheaper than an e-kit and I like the idea of having "hybrid" drums...
  6. L

Yamaha DTX562K pad and response problems

Hi Guys, So I've owned a 562k for a couple of months now and overall its been a pretty frustrating kit for me given how much i bought it for, the pad response is pretty ordinary (machine gunning) but the hi hat is my main beef with the kit, there is a rubber sortve plate on the bottom of it...
  7. T

Designing of a portable electronic drumming device

Hi, I'm looking into designing an electronic drum pad which would allow users to create drum beats on the move, e.g. on a bus, plane, train, etc. I am looking for some input as to what other drummers think of this idea. Please fill in the survey if you have the time :)...
  8. L

TD25K or DTX562

Hey guys, I'm investing in a new E kit as I'm wanting to step up from my Yamaha DTX400k and I'm looking at either the DTX562k or Roland's TD25K, I would like to know which kit is the better option, i know the Roland is probably a lot better but is it enough to justify spending the extra $800 or...
  9. Piero Peluche

Roland TD-11 Custom Kits 3 on demand

Hey, I'm going to release the 3rd collection of Custom Kits made on demand for your Roland TD-11 module. If you are interested in having a particular drum-kit or percussion-set sound for your TD-11module, just contact me sending a demo (mp3 or video link) and I will be happy to make it for...
  10. L

Best budget e-drums? (£300 or under)

Hello, I'm looking to invest in e-drums so I can practice without being too noisy. I don't need an amazing kit as I have a decent acoustic for gigging and what not, just cheap but decent quality e-drums for under £300. I've seen a few I'm just not sure which ones to avoid or which ones would...
  11. P

Carlsbro Electronic Drums - beginner

Hey there, Who's tried any of Carlsbro's kits? The prices I've been quoted seem really good compared to almost everyone else's stuff. The sounds don't sound, like, next level compared to some of those swanky mesh kits, etc. But for the price and functionality (I'm learning to play, not...
  12. D

Acoustic Kit with Mutes vs. Electronic Kit

Hi Everybody, I'm new to the drums, and I'm looking into buying my first kit. Starting in the fall I'm going to be living in either college dorms or a college apartment complex, so I need to get a kit that will allow me to practice quietly w/o disturbing the neighbors. I've been looking into...
  13. K

How to record w/ Electronic Drums

My guitarist lives far away and uses garage band and I'd like to send him tracks I lay down on an electronic drum kit. I do not have an electronic drum kit or anything I need with it. I do have an ipad-mini or a computer I can use, just curious what the best way to do this is. Also, one...
  14. SlitYourDrums

Electronic Drums and Cymbals

Hey everybody... So I'm starting to record with my band (Metal) and I want a nice, clean, even drum sound, so I bring out the E-kit to record with. Drums sound great, but I want to use acoustic cymbals WITH the E-drums. How do I do this? BTW, I'm very inexperienced with MIDI and any...
  15. N

What drum module for alesis dm6 replacement?

So, I've had my Alesis dm6 electronic set for about 2-3 years, and the other day, the module/brain of it just died for no apparent reason. For a replacement, should I get the same brand and model, or does anyone have any other recommendations? I don't have too large of a budget(about $300 max).
  16. C

Suggestions and advice on an electric kit for my situation.

Hey, I am a functional drummer, not good, but capable of playing. I need to keep practicing in order to do more gigging (SP?) in a few months. I need an electric kit for practice purposes so that I can be quieter due to my location. My budget is up to a thousand dollars, but I don't know if...
  17. P

Electronic drum kit under £500

Hi all, I need to get an electric drum kit so that I can practice for a lot longer and for when I go away to uni. Basically i have £500 and only £500!! What is the best electric kit i can get for under this price? I have headphones, sticks and a stool so just need the actual kit. I was looking...
  18. D

Electronic Kit accessory suggestions

Hello, I recently purchased the Simmons SD5K from Guitar Center for Christmas. This is my first set, though I am not a beginner drummer. I went with a cheaper set to start off with just to try out the electronic side of drumming (have played strictly acoustic). I would like some suggestions...
  19. A

help with electronic drum kits, expandable?

long story short... i have an acoustic kit... but im gonna have to buy an electronic kit... i play in a band... and i kinda want to keep the same ammount of cymbals on my kit as i have on my electronic kit.... i have a hi-hat, 2 crashes, a ride, and a china... worst case scenario ill have to...
  20. J

buying first electronic drum set

I have an acoustic set which I definitely prefer to electronic sets but I'm going to need an electronic set if I want to keep playing for the next few years. I literally CAN'T spend more than $600, so I can't afford a Roland set. But what do you think is the best quality set that I can get for...
Back