gretsch catalina maple

1. M

Gretsch Catalina Maple drum test!

Hello! g2 coated Evans heads, mics Shure sm58 toms,Sennheiser e606 for snare top head,Audio techinica at2020 snare bottom head, akg d112 for kick, Akg se 300 ck92 capsule for Hit-Hat, BeyerDynamic Mce 530 as overheads Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfTYMQFYhBY More video's on Youtube...
  2. H

Gretsch Catalina maple vs Club rock

Hi, So, i am deciding between the gretsch catalina maple or the club rock and I would like to know some opinions. THe gretsch catalina maple comes with more toms but the sizes are smaller. I like the zep sizes.. The club rock has bigger sizes, but the thing is i dont see a lot of people using...
  3. M

2:22 min of Groove!!

Hi My friends This is an instrumental song Called Manhattan Jam. Im Playing with Gretsch Catalina Maple ,Cymbals Ufip and Turkish. Manhattan Jam:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHWVxyv9Da0&list=UUr2e8YBuDsvfYOfckLEc_Yg&index=1&feature=plcp More videos on My You Tube channel...
  4. J

GRETSCH CAT. MAPLE VS PDP X7. SOUNDWISE?

I don't care about hardware, finishes, sizes, reputation or anything. I just want to know which YOU guys think SOUNDS best
  5. J

Heads for Gretsch Catalina Maple 7pc toms

I need new heads on my toms which is a Gretsch Catalina Maple. Does anyone who owns this kit have any suggestions?
  6. M

Buying a new drum Kit

Hey guys, Ive had my stock kit for 5 years now, its been treated with care but i now think that its time to move on from it, it did me will through Playing for my various bands and through playing for my local church. Right now onto the new kit, i have a small job that can pay for my new it and...
  7. FattyFunk

What heads for a Catalina Maple?

I just got a Gretsch Catalina Maple on Monday and the stock heads are killing me. Any head suggestions? I was thinking maybe coated ec1's over either ec resonants or clear g1's for the toms. Power Center Reverse Dot and Hazy 300 for the snare. And the EMAD2 over the EMAD Resonant. Tell me what...
  8. FattyFunk

Gretsch Catalina Maple

I just ordered a Gretsch Catalina Maple drum kit with a mocha fade finish. I just want to know what you guys think about it?
  9. J

My Gretsch Catalina Maple

Just thought I'd post a picture of my kit... Please offer any suggestions for improvements on set-up and other such details. Would be appreciated.
  10. J

Snare drum enquiries

Hey there, forumers. I have the Gretsch Catalina maple kit which came with a 14x6 inch maple snare drum. However I have two enquiries for you... 1) What is the best snare drum batter head?? I recently have decided I want to get a new head but with all these different heads out, I'm having...
  11. J

Gretsch Catalina Maple Kit

Hello fellow forumers, I recently bought the Gretsch Catalina Maple Kit and I absolutely love it! However one thing about the kit that is failing to convince me is the sound of the toms... I'm just not pleased with their sound. I still have the factory heads on so I am wondering whether buying a...
  12. witchcraftery

DESPERATE IN DENVER*

Hey guys, I made this video to show the sound of my snare drum to a member of the forum. IT's my first time ever recording myself, and it's very unstructured. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yl2kwD3M-g I'd REALLY LIKE SOME FEEDBACK. Thanks! *I don't live in denver, but I am desperate for a...
  13. G

HELP! Gretsch Catalina Maple V.S. Tama SuperStar HyperDrive.

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm looking at my second drum kit and i've narrowed it down to two. The Gretsch Catalina Maple and the Tama SuperStar HyperDrive. I wan't it to sound amazing because I have a Ludwig Accent CS Combo and that sounds amazing but I need to add...
  14. Music is Awesome

Help Please

I need to know your opinion. Should I: 1) Spend all my money on either a Tama Hyper drive kit or Catalina Maple kit. OR 2) Just what how ever long it takes to save up enough money to get a great kit (ex. Gretsch Renown, Tama Starclassic, Pearl Masters). Take into consideration that I am 13 and...
  15. Music is Awesome

Gretsch Catalina Maple vs Gretsch Catalina Club '64 Reissue vs Yamaha Stage Custom

The title kind of says it all; which kit should i get. I play a little a bit of everything so i need a set that can do that.
  16. witchcraftery

Gretsch Snare HELP

I purchased a Gretsch Catalina Maple 6 piece (free floor tom offer) about 10 months ago. Tonight during a bit of loosening, the little screw that tightens the snare wires was launched from it’s normal spot into the air. It is not stripped, nor is the holder. Three pieces came out; a spring, a...
  17. G

Help a newb pick a new kit!

This is my first post on DW, so please forgive me if I break etiquette somehow -- certainly not my intent. Anyway, on to my issue: For the past few years, I have been playing on a 5-piece Pearl Export series kit. It is in great shape, but I am considering upgrading to a better set. I would...
  18. witchcraftery

Rate my playing!

This is a practice session, keep that in mind. I can bitch about how tired I was, but I really want some honest opinions. Technique, Ideas, etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG4zAGkLMjY Be brutal!
  19. witchcraftery

Practice session

Sound quality is average, playing is below average, but whatever. I was experimenting with the mic on my laptop, haha. Critique me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZRLaIxCLI
  20. witchcraftery

Gretsch Maple for Gretsch Cat. Jazz

Dear internet, I've been playing drums for 8 years, and I'm starting to resent my 6 piece Gretsch Catalina Maple. I'm thinking about trading it for a Gretsch catalina jazz. Why? I like the simplicity of the kit. The drums look nice as well. It just seems like everytime I read about a...
Back