advice for cymbal setup

1. T

How to combine cymballs

Hello, is it good idea to mix cymballs? I have Meinl Pure Alloy Medium Ride 20 and I need new hihats, but I dont know how to combine cymballs for good sound because I probbably dont want Pure Alloy Hihats or Meinl Hihats at all. Can someone help me? Is better for me to stick with this type of...
  2. D

Opinions on Istanbul Mehmet 22″ Sahra ride cymbal

Does anybody try this particular cymbal? The link below is the only decent sound clip I found. The cymbal looks gorgeous and curious what are your thoughts and opinions about this cymbal, planning to buy one soon. http://www.cymbalhouse.com/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=7202
  3. T

Advice on medium level Hihats?

I'm investing in my first proper set of cymbals after upgrading from an electric kit and I was wondering what hi hats I should get? I don't have the greatest budget: got under £200 pound, so I'm in the UK, so take into account the difference in currency, for example, I could get a pair of new...
  4. B

Big band and combo cymbal setup advice

Hey drummerworld, I need some advice. I recently picked up my first jazz ride, an Istanbul Agop 20" Sultan jazz ride, which has a really nice dark tone with a surprisingly clear stick definition. Now, I am in high school, so my budget is pretty limited, but I am now starting to expand my cymbal...
Back