gretsch

1. criz p. critter

Gretsch Vinyard 14x8.5 snare... what's it worth?

I picked this snare up in 2007. It was one of a 50-snare Extravaganza at NAMM that year. Read the synopsis in the first pic for more info about that. As the story goes, Vinnie Colaiuta had discovered a decades-old stash of NOS shells at the Gretsch warehouse...
  2. Dutch Drummer

When can you call a drum set or snare drum vintage?

Dear fellow drummers, Since I was patching up an old steel snare (bought it somewhere around 1988) I was wondering if I could call this snare a vintage snare. My gut feeling said 'yes' but thinking about the real age of it (about 37 years) I thought 'no'. But I was not sure wich was the right...
  3. Walden

Ugly Gretsch snare

Hello, I would like to ask, what would be this snare, it seems a 60's round badge, but what with the wrap, is it a WMP which turned ugly or something else ? Thanks for your help !
  4. K

Should i get an aq2? Or something better?

I currently have a gretsch catlina maple kit from around 2007-2010. Its a fun kit but i want to replace it because i want a smaller kick. So far I’m heavily leaning towards the sonor aq2 series. My question is: would switching to the aq2 from the catalina maple even be an upgrade or should i...
  5. J

I'm looking to buy a new drum set

Hey all. I am looking to buy a new drumset and one that has been looking good is the "Gretsch Drums Catalina Maple Fusion Limited Edition Shell Pack" it has a great finish and the price is also great at 500$ I have also been looking at a pearl export and a pdp fs series what does everyone think...
  6. stasz

gretsch renowns!!!

I just scored these off ebay. $830 after shipping for 22" kick and 3 toms!!!! Couldn't be more happy. After these ship, every drum and all but one cymbal on my kit are ones that I bought used. I can't stress the advantages of buying used gear. I only get to open them at christmas so expect an...
  7. louisdrums

Pro M or Catalina Maple !? Help.

Hey, I'm stuck in a situation stickier than sticky the stick insect stuck on a really sticky bun. Sorry just had to say that!! I play funk, rock and a bit indie stuff. I want the kit to last long. I know that you get the hardware with the pro m which is also good. I have heard great comments on...
  8. morguis

Catalina Jazz´s hoops help!

This is for some advice about Catalina Club Jazz´s bass drum wood hoops and, of course, not only for "cataliners" but for everyone experienced. I got mine´s from 3 months ago and just the other day I tried to fit a Remo Fiberskin Pwct-3. Ok, here´s where my doubts made apear: The woodhoops have...
  9. Cacaphony

Why does everyone hate Gretsch Catalina snares?

I've read alot of negative comments and reviews about the stock snare drum from people who'd bought Catalinas. I realize that this snare is far from high end, but I purchased a 5x12 as a side snare, and I love it. I'm saving up for a Catalina Jazz, but I came across this little bugger for $60...
  10. asht89

Gretsch Renowns?

I was just wondering whether you guys could give me a little advice. Ive been toying with the idea of upgrading my kit to something 'nice', a general all rounder. I see that the Renowns have had a good response on here and ive heard good things from friends. Ive seen a few yamaha kits that...
  11. S

Identify this Gretsch Kit

Got a great deal on a Gretsch kit off craigslist from a kid that didn't know what he had. Now I'm the owner of that kit and I still don't quite know what I've got... The prior owner said this kit was 6-8 years old. It appears to be maple in a deep red lacquer finish with natural hoops on the...
  12. P

GRETSCH Purewood Bubinga or TAMA Bubinga Omni-Tune???

Hi Everyone, I am having a dilemma. I want to purchase one of the two Bubinga kits. GRETSCH Purewood Bubinga or TAMA Bubinga Omni-Tune? I understand that it's all a matter of preference. I would like to know anyone's opinion or maybe experience that have seen or played any of these...
Back