tama superstar hyperdrive

1. S

Last Weekends Show!

Hey All, Just wanted to share a few pics with you from last weekends show in Sydney. Thought they looked pretty cool so thought i should share them. I currently drum for a Sydney Pop-Punk/Easycore band called Our Past Days. Check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ourpastdays and...
  2. S

My Tama Superstar Hyperdrive

Hey Everyone, I thought I would show you guys my baby. I have a Matte Black Tama Superstar Hyperdrive. I have the 6 piece version but I only use 5. 18"x22" Bass Drum 12"x7"rack, 14"x"12" & 16"x14" floors, and the 5.5"x14" Snare Drum which I think is a great snare! I use a Remo Powerstroke 3...
  3. porter

A Few Photos - New Pies!

Took some before band practice today to show off my new ride and china... enjoy! The new ones- a Meinl Byzance Brilliant 20" Heavy Ride and Sabian 17" AA Holy China. Both great, great cymbals- a touch of aggression while keeping a versatile core. The ride was purchased from MyCymbal and...
  4. M

Downsizing Kit - Advice Needed

Hey, everyone. So I bought a Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece a while back. Great kit...but it's loud for jamming and the kick (22x20) make it a pig to lug around. I'm looking at 2 options and would love your opinions... 1. Keep the kit, but buy a smaller Imperialstar kick (20x16) in a...
  5. P

PDP X7 vs. Tama Superstar Hyperdrive 6pc.

I'm new to these forums so someone tell me if i'm doing something wrong I'm looking to buy a new drum kit as my old set needs replacing and was wondering what set is the best to buy. The kit would be used for playing rock and metal. The main problem is I have NO way of going to try one of these...
  6. S

Buying new heads. Need opinions on which drum heads to get.

This is my first post on the drummerworld forums. I have a Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive and need advice on getting new heads to get the best sound out of my kit. Drum specs. 13x6 snare, 10x6.5 tom, 12x7 tom, 16x14 floor tom, and 22x20 bass drum. (All Birch) I was looking more into clear heads...
  7. E

Pearl Vision VBX Limited edition Birch vs Tama Superstar Hyperdrive

I need some advice on which kit to buy and i've narrowed it down to 2. http://www.andertons.co.uk/shell-packs/pid19201/cid639/pearl-limited-edition-vision-birch-kit-in-ruby-fade.asp Is the pearl. IT has a great finish i think and comes with extra floor tom...
  8. rchess5

Tama Superstar Hyper-drive for Metal?

I know where I can get a 7 piece drum hyperdrive, and I have been doing some research and lots of people say they are an all-around kit, and you can use them for anything.. Is it true? I play Rock, and metal. Not hardcore metal stuff though, Mostly things like A7X, and S.O.A.D, Metallica, and...
  9. Moxano

Superstar (Hyperdrive) laquer/wrap, X7 or Catalina Maple?

Hello there! I hope not to make anyone trouble by making this thread. I found none that answered the questions I have. After years of playing on a Pearl Forum, I've decided I'm into buying a new kit. Yesterday I went to a nearby drum shop. I tried the Tama Superstar Hyperdrive and a PDP X7 out...
  10. G

HELP! Gretsch Catalina Maple V.S. Tama SuperStar HyperDrive.

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm looking at my second drum kit and i've narrowed it down to two. The Gretsch Catalina Maple and the Tama SuperStar HyperDrive. I wan't it to sound amazing because I have a Ludwig Accent CS Combo and that sounds amazing but I need to add...
  11. M

Is this a mistake ?????

Hi guys ! I actually own a Taye Tourpro ( which is the model under the studiomaple ) made entirely of Basswood and I'm thinking of selling it to buy the new Tama Superstar Hyper-drive ( 100% Birch ) . The main reason of my decision is the shallow toms size that will let me place them right where...
Back