ludwig

1. J

Help re-heading Blacrolite?

I'm trying to rehead an old 5x14 Blacrolite and having trouble putting new heads on it. I was trying an Aquarian coated response 2 and a classic clear on the snare side and they weren't able to get seated properly on the rims. Do I need to get vintage heads to fit the slightly wider rims on the...
  2. K

Ludwig Rockers badge location

Looking at set of rockers and the badge and vent holes are below the Tom mounts. All the others I have seen are located either opposite of the Tom mount or slightly around the shell. Is this unique for a certain year ???
  3. D

Does anyone collect Ludwig catalogs?

I know Ludwig drums and related accessories are desirable to some collectors, but what about catalogs? I'm a former band director/percussionist in the process of clearing out my music library. I came across a 75th Anniversary Ludwig Total Percussion catalog. It's in full color and lists...
  4. Dutch Drummer

When can you call a drum set or snare drum vintage?

Dear fellow drummers, Since I was patching up an old steel snare (bought it somewhere around 1988) I was wondering if I could call this snare a vintage snare. My gut feeling said 'yes' but thinking about the real age of it (about 37 years) I thought 'no'. But I was not sure wich was the right...
  5. TheLowerTownSound

Round Badge for Club Date trade?

Hello all. This is one of those questions that can have a million variables, but i'm curious to see what the informed drum community thinks as i don't have many drummer friends to run this by. I have a mid 60's Gretsch RB kit. Very good 'players condition'. Some minor damage to the bd hoop, some...
  6. HampusMagasin

SNARE DRUM BLIND TEST

Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute 7x14 vs Ludwig Supraphonic 5x14 Think you can hear a difference between an aluminium and a maple drum? Well, Imade a blind test for you all! The answer will be posted in this thread tomorrow :) Tell me which one is your favourite!!
  7. AModestRat

Ludwig Element Birch

Hey all, there's been mentions of this set here from time to time but going on 7 years of owning mine and I'm still in love with it, got it for $400 from Cascio Interstate in 2016 - last one they had in stock - and it was my first set of Ludwigs. They have seen the inside of some nasty bars and...
  8. S

Ludwig Centurian African Sapele snare

Ludwig Epic Centurian Exotic African Sapele 14x6.5" Snare My daughter and I finished our 4th Episode of "The Sounds of Snares!". For this episode I choose my Ludwig Epic Centurian African Sapele snare. She's really loving these videos! Give it a watch, let me know what you think! The snare...
  9. J

Pearl Sensitone and Ludwig Universal Sound 6.5x14 brass snare shell.

Does anyone by chance know where Pearl and Ludwig get there shells for their 6.5x14 black nickel over brass snares? This would be for the Sensitone and and Universal Sound lines (not Black Beauty). Seem to have very similar specs except throw and lugs. Just curious if they are identical shells.
  10. M

New Ludwig Maple piccolo snare!

A few days ago, i got a 3x13 ludwig piccolo snare. it came with an evans G1 coated head and it sounds great! it has a really good crack to it and it is very crisp. i'll try to put up pictures/ or a link to a video about it. Comments?
  11. B

Ludwig Accent

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ludwig-Accent-5PC-Kit-and-Zildjian-ZBT-Cymbal-Set-Bundle?sku=443278 I was going to get the ddrum d2 but it said for young people or beginers (i am a beginnr but i dont want a junior set so im probably going to get this so just tell me what...
  12. stasz

Black Galaxy Acrolite!!!

It's all mine. After shipping $118 : ) http://cgi.ebay.com/Ludwig-5-1-2-X-14-Galaxy-Acrolite-Snare_W0QQitemZ300257213068QQihZ020QQcategoryZ38095QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Of course this is just the teaser post. Need to wait for it to ship, which shouldn't be long. I'm so excited!!
  13. Tim Waterson

My NEW Ludwig drums "Jellybeans"

Just took some pics of My NEW LUDWIG drums Enjoy Tim
Back