gretsch catalina club

1. D

Help my ugly drums

Greetings All, I have attached two pictures below of my Gretsch Catalina Club. Yes they are ugly but they were cheap. I am trying to replace all of the black lugs, hoops, spurs and all that stuff with chrome. Let me say, I am not a drummer, so this is new for me. So, I have been searching...
  2. J

Good kits for under $1000???

Hey everybody, I've been looking to upgrade to a new kit and have a budget of about $1000. So far, I've been able to narrow it down to two different kits that I think are a pretty good deal for what I am looking for, but need some help deciding: 1.) PDP Concept Mapple - $879 Bass drum: 22 x...
  3. A

Gretsch Catalina Club Rock CC-R665

Hey, I'm going to be selling my pearl mcx kit and I'm looking to replace it with a kit that consists of a 26" bass drum. The Gretsch Catalina Club Rock CC-R665 kit was a perfect configuration for myself and a good price but as most will know, it's a discontinued kit. Basically, on the off...
  4. N

Yamaha Beech Custom versus Bop Kits

I currently play a Yamaha Beech Custom that I bought new in the late 90's. Kick drum is 20" and the toms are 10, 12, 14. I also have the matching snare. The drums are in great shape and sound great. However, I'm thinking of selling the kit in order to purchase either a Yamaha Stage Custom...
  5. H

Gretsch Catalina maple vs Club rock

Hi, So, i am deciding between the gretsch catalina maple or the club rock and I would like to know some opinions. THe gretsch catalina maple comes with more toms but the sizes are smaller. I like the zep sizes.. The club rock has bigger sizes, but the thing is i dont see a lot of people using...
  6. S

Gretsch CCJ / Jazz Kit

Hello everyone, I have a few questions. My local drum store has yet another Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz kit for sale and I'm wondering if it's worth $1300 - with Gibraltar hardware ( I think a straight stand and a boom stand, the snare, hi hat and bass pedal)? Everywhere I've looked, people say...
  7. E

Bop kit...Gretsch vs. Tama vs. Sonor ?

Hi guys, I'm new on this forum! Maybe some of you know some precious informations about what I'm looking for: I wonder what would be the best choice between the following bop-sized kits 18", 12", 14" (pictures just for illustrative purpose): Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz, in Walnut Glaze ...
  8. M

HELP with Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz (Bass Drum Parts)

Hi guys, can anyone help me out with this. I was polishing my 18" bass drum and when I was about to tune them after that, 4 of the bass drum leg tuning rods came off. The attachment of the tuning rod to the shell of the bass drum broke into 2. I've attached pictures of it. Can anyone tell me...
  9. W

Gretsch Catalina Club '64 Reissue info?

Hi all, I'm a noob here--just picked up my first set which, after some research, turns out to be a Catalina Club '64 reissue. Problem is, I can't find any information about it at all on the web ... not construction material, production time (I know it's no longer made), original price, add-ons...
  10. J

info on this gretsch kit

http://www.thomann.de/ie/gretsch_catalina_club_standard_wp.htm can anyone give me info on this kit? theres nothing on the gretsch site about the kit and i cant find any forums about it.
Back