[CYMBALS REVIEW] Zultan CS series B25 Complet Set

daniboun

[CYMBALS REVIEW] Zultan CS series B25 Complet Set DEMO OK

Hi everybody,

I'd like to introduce you a crazy set. I bought it in Germany and this is one of my favorite set I got. For the story : I've been living is France and I owned lots of cymbals and I've been fond of Zultan from a long time now.

About Zultan :

Zultan cymbals are 100% hand made in Istambul, they have different series covering many style of music. (Rockbeat serie, Yin serie, Cs Serie, AJA serie, Q serie, F5 serie, CAZ serie and Z serie). I already tested the Yin serie which are amazing too.

Let's talk about the CS serie. These cymbals are made in B25 (25% Tin). They provide a very warm, complex and accurate sound. Check Agean Legend cymbals and they are pretty the same but I personnaly prefer Zultan ones. I'm in the process of recording some demos but be patient :) CS serie are specially made for Pop and Jazz music but they are very versatile. B25 alloy is more solid than B20 so they are supposed to last.

I found on those cymbals a perfect sound ! I play 70s rock, Pop and Folk music. They are well balanced with a lot of presence without being too penetrating.
What about the price ? Just perfect !!!! I paid the whole set $700 in Germany. Zultan is anti-marketing so prices are just fine.

Demos, as I said, is coming soon.

Set tested :

CS Ride 20 (2260g)
CS Crash 14 (775g)
CS Crash 16 (1000g)
CS Splash 10 (262g)
CS TOP HIHAT 14 (1015g)
CS BOTTOM HIHAT 14 (1125g)

Demo :

Glyn Johns method recording
No compression, no effects, neutral recording
4 mics ( 2X CM40 large diaphragm, 1X Audix F14 Kick mic, 1X CAD D189 snare/tom mic)

http://dl.free.fr/hy3Cz7QMh

Pictures :

Last edited:
Who makes them, are they made by Masterwork like many others? Masterwork make very fine cymbals.

To my knowledge they are made at the Turkish factory (http://www.turkishcymbals.com/) ordered by Thomann.. they CAN compete with any other B20-B25 cymbals..

just a little cheaper to buy :)

recommend them over Zildjians any day.. the consistency is way better. So the risk of getting a dud is much lower in my experience.

To my knowledge they are made at the Turkish factory (http://www.turkishcymbals.com/) ordered by Thomann.. they CAN compete with any other B20-B25 cymbals..

just a little cheaper to buy :)

recommend them over Zildjians any day.. the consistency is way better. So the risk of getting a dud is much lower in my experience.

The problem is you won't find them in stores to try on. All cymbals sound different and I can't really imagine Zultan having higher consistency. They sound ok (great for the price!), but, to my ears, no comparison to my Avedis!

The problem is you won't find them in stores to try on. All cymbals sound different and I can't really imagine Zultan having higher consistency. They sound ok (great for the price!), but, to my ears, no comparison to my Avedis!

Hehe. Taste is always hard to discuss :)

Personally everytime I tryout a new Avedis/K/KC batch at the local (large) drumstore, about 90-95% sound like s***.. Sorry for the swearing

Zultans in my experience have about 60-70% s*** cymbals..

Yeah you wont find them in your store.. But whrn you buy from Thomann you can return them for free(they pay the shipping) if you dont like them.. Done that more than once..
So for me there is no downside..

But again.. Everyone has their own taste in cymbals and thats the cool thing about cymbals :)

Back